CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

7 hours ago, matthi32 said:

If one of Green or Suggs falls out of the Top 4, we have to take them. If not, I would take Kuminga. His shot mechanics looks good to me. I am sure his shot will improve. So my picks would be:

Suggs or Green & Wagner (i think Wagner would be great along Isaac)

or 

Kuminga & Moody

Personaly I am not that high on Barnes.

Moody with the 8th, yes !!!

Explosive 5 in parts of the game:

PG - RJ ( I had JR, soooory, it's RJ)

SC - Moody

Point F - Barnes 

F- Chuma

C - JI

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Question is what would we be willing to give up for 2? Like, if the deal is 5, 8 and Bamba for 2 and Gordon is that too much? Too little? Just right?

I would do that in a heartbeat, and I actually think that with no other option than to be on the floor a lot this season Bamba will play well. Idk if Houston would tho. 

12 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Tanking will always be apart of the game but it is just different now.  Now you just trade away all your good players or sit your veterans (due to injury--wink..wink) and lose.  Every team knows that pick 1, 2 and 3 increases your odds at getting a star player to get you out of the lottery faster than any other way.  Detroit and Houston are not apologizing for losing all those games.  It does not always work out but percentage wise it is the best move. It worked for Houston and Detroit this year but not for us and OKC.  Even the intro of the Draft lottery called the lottery what it is....."a game of chance."   In a game of chance you do what you have to do to increase your odds of winning.  So, yes, tanking does work just not for every team but only  those that that get lucky.

Getting a little ahead of things.  Detroit and Houston got good picks, yes.  But they have made themselves awful teams.  Will their picks be good enough players to turn those franchises around?  That’s the real question. And I think the answer will turn out to be “no”. 

Tanking puts you in a big hole.  You have to be very lucky to get out.  It’s a decision that’s now cost us 10 years so I’m not sure why you think it’s a quick route to improvement. 

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Getting a little ahead of things.  Detroit and Houston got good picks, yes.  But they have made themselves awful teams.  Will their picks be good enough players to turn those franchises around?  That’s the real question. And I think the answer will turn out to be “no”. 

Tanking puts you in a big hole.  You have to be very lucky to get out.  It’s a decision that’s now cost us 10 years so I’m not sure why you think it’s a quick route to improvement. 

Atlanta out-tanked us and got Trae. Dallas out-tanked us and got Luka. Both of those guys turned their teams around in a lot less than 10 years. Not sure we see your point?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Question is what would we be willing to give up for 2? Like, if the deal is 5, 8 and Bamba for 2 and Gordon is that too much? Too little? Just right?

Gordon doesn't fit into the TPE I don't think so I don't think we could do that deal.

And considering Gordon's making 60m over the next 3 seasons my offer would be 3 + Gordon for 5 + Harris + 33. I'd maybe stretch to the Den 1st instead of 33. I wouldn't give up both lottery picks and take on Gordon. That's a lot of assets and flexibility. We need ways to continue to improve around our #3 pick if he's the star we hope he is. If Bamba moved the needle I'd happily include him but I doubt he would.

If Houston cares about clearing cap then we can accommodate but it needs to be worth it for us because paying a 34 year old Eric Gordon 21m 2 years from now will not be good for winning basketball games.

3 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Gordon doesn't fit into the TPE I don't think so I don't think we could do that deal.

And considering Gordon's making 60m over the next 3 seasons my offer would be 3 + Gordon for 5 + Harris + 33. I'd maybe stretch to the Den 1st instead of 33. I wouldn't give up both lottery picks and take on Gordon. That's a lot of assets and flexibility. We need ways to continue to improve around our #3 pick if he's the star we hope he is. If Bamba moved the needle I'd happily include him but I doubt he would.

If Houston cares about clearing cap then we can accommodate but it needs to be worth it for us because paying a 34 year old Eric Gordon 21m 2 years from now will not be good for winning basketball games.

Damn. I didn’t know he was getting 21m a year. Houston did that?

29 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Atlanta out-tanked us and got Trae. Dallas out-tanked us and got Luka. Both of those guys turned their teams around in a lot less than 10 years. Not sure we see your point?

A few players are good enough to single handedly turn their teams around.  It doesn’t happen very often.

7 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I think you’re meaning to say pick 2 instead of 3. Anyway, EG’s deal is only guaranteed for two more years. I personally don’t think flexibility matters over the next couple of years, so if we’re crazy high on a prospect, I’d give up 5 and 8 and Harris. We could also ask them to throw in one of their late first rounders.

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

A few players are good enough to single handedly turn their teams around.  It doesn’t happen very often.

Which is exactly why small market teams tank. They want to take their shot at getting one of THOSE players!

44 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I think you’re meaning to say pick 2 instead of 3. Anyway, EG’s deal is only guaranteed for two more years. I personally don’t think flexibility matters over the next couple of years, so if we’re crazy high on a prospect, I’d give up 5 and 8 and Harris. We could also ask them to throw in one of their late first rounders.

I did mean 2 you're right. And ah I didn't realise it wasn't fully guaranteed for that last year. That might change the equation. Can't really find how much of that last year, if any, is guaranteed to weigh it up. But yea that's not nearly as bad so we'd probably have to give up 8 as well.