CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Nobody. I see RJ as a 2. Fultz is injured. Both Cole and Suggs can play off ball.

That's the amazing thing, they are all on rookie deals, can move someone down the line. 

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

Siakam is his floor? Are we still talking Kuminga here? Siakam is closer to his ceiling. 

His floor is out of the league. 

I'm guessing he has that killer first step. Let the workouts tell the story. If he doesn't,  i don't want him. A guy with that body at 18 should be able to go to the hole at will in a few years, if he lives up to the hype. Siakam can't shoot, he takes over games with his elite speed to the rim and some nice post touches.

None of us really know what these guys are except in super limited videos. G-league was 15 games, and high school. There was a reason Kuminga was ranked so highly, to me right now it is that crazy body and athleticism at 18!. Why was Cole a top prospect going into his lone college season? When a prospect drops, there are many reasons. As of right now, what i see in Kuminga is a project, but presumably crazy physical attributes. Some of those guys bust hard, but some become Giannis or Kawhi. Up to the Magics scouts. If he isn't really that gifted, i hope they can see or not see it.

5 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I'm guessing he has that killer first step. Let the workouts tell the story. If he doesn't,  i don't want him. A guy with that body at 18 should be able to go to the hole at will in a few years, if he lives up to the hype. Siakam can't shoot, he takes over games with his elite speed to the rim and some nice post touches.

If Siakam was his floor he'd be the clear #1 prospect. 

Oh if this guy doesn't work out he'll only be an All Star averaging 23 and 7. 

And yet Siakam's stock has dropped since Kawhi left, why is that? He is a number 2 or 3 on a real contender. Let's not mix things up, any team would love to draft  a guy at number 5 and get at least a Siakam. Wasn't it Payton for the win who wanted Siakam instead of Ross in our ****ty trade a few years ago? Easier to say i want a guy who doesn't bust hard. All i am saying is the Kuminga has crazy potential, supposedly. Wouldn't we still have Gordon if he could play power forward like Siakam? All that kid had to do is get some 20-30 point games in the post once in a  while Vucevic became the all-star he is today. All i'm saying is this kid is supposed to be, at the very least more physically gifted then Gordon. Do you think he is going to be a twig in 3 years like Aaron or Isaac? I don't. Can he shoot or play basketball, i really don't know. 

My current question is what is his hand size. LOL i'm being silly but recently some very elite players  had some monster hands, could palm a ball and throw it down....hard. 

Seriously if this guy is really a physical freak i'd take that chance. Other wise...trade up and get Green, we do have the assets to do it.

I’m lower on Suggs than most but if is there at 5 I would be ecstatic. I think if you aren’t trading up, you have to hope Bouknight is there at 8 because he is really the only guy outside of the top who is a 3 level scorer

7 hours ago, Mike1989 said:

I’ve seen sufficient scouting videos and reports. Like I clearly said, he’s got to work on his effort at the defensive end because at times he coasts and there’s ample evidence in his time in the G-League. If he can continue developing his defensive array of skills AND put in consistent effort, he can be very good, but to date he’s shown inconsistent effort defensively.

The key question here is does he view defense like Jabari Parker (ie “I’m paid to score, they don’t pay players to play defense”), or is he someone that needs the kick up the backside and the right coaching to turn it on? 

Also, shooting has never been a particular strength of Kuminga’s even going back to high school. Now there is a belief that he can develop a consistent shot, but at the same time there is a risk because not every player does. Factor in his poor shot selection, which also goes back to high school, and that’s something that needs to improve.

End of the day you can be a special athlete and still put up 20 points or more in high school or college because you’re the best athlete on the court. In the NBA, that won’t always be the case, and that’s why he needs to develop on both ends and become more consistent with his defensive effort, improve shot selection and develop his shooting. If he can do that, he can be a special talent, but there’s a pretty big drop off if he doesn’t.

PG had a similar scouting report coming from college, idk who you would take at 5 but kuminga is the bpa at 5 in my opinion. So until we trade up, kuminga is the player to go with at 5

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I’d be elated with Suggs. Stop playing tricks with my heart everybody.

Isn't that a Backstreet Boys song or something??