CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

On 3/12/2021 at 10:13 PM, CTMagicUK said:

I have no idea if he's someone Weltman and Hammond would ever consider but I'd love us to draft Josh Giddey in the second round or (more likely) with a late first.

He's not a super athlete and his jumper is a work in progress but a 6'8 guy who can pass and handle the ball like he can could be a real weapon. He's kind of a similar player to Kyle Anderson from what I've seen but maybe not quite as slow Mo as Anderson. I imagine he'll get comped to Joe Ingles by the media on account of him being an Australian forward who can pass.

I don't really watch the games much if at all, and I haven't supported Adelaide in a long time. But I saw a game the other day and it does look like the kid has a few nifty euro step moves so maybe his awareness of not being terribly fast won't be such a burden. Now that they've had some roster shuffling in Adelaide as well they seem to actually be playing him as the point or at least facilitator. He's not doing too bad considering the team can't shoot. He is going to have to spend a lot of time on his body though to avoid getting murdered. Even young Jingles had more meat on him.

8 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Jason Preston PG

Bones Hyland SG

Kyle Lofton SG

Colbey Ross PG/SG

Some good looking prospects 

Preston is a bucket but not sure if he's athletic enough to make it in the NBA. He's certainly fun though and he's from Orlando so that'd be a nice story with a second rounder. He might go back to school for his senior season though.

I like Bones. Think he has a shot at being a first rounder but he might be available with our early second rounder if we're lucky.

Have never seen Lofton play but he looks like a 4 year college guy to me. 6'3 and shooting 21% from 3 doesn't scream NBA prospect.

Colbey Ross might get some looks in the second round but I don't think he's even the best prospect on Pepperdine (Kessler Edwards). 

On 3/14/2021 at 11:09 PM, South_Aussie_Magic said:

I don't really watch the games much if at all, and I haven't supported Adelaide in a long time. But I saw a game the other day and it does look like the kid has a few nifty euro step moves so maybe his awareness of not being terribly fast won't be such a burden. Now that they've had some roster shuffling in Adelaide as well they seem to actually be playing him as the point or at least facilitator. He's not doing too bad considering the team can't shoot. He is going to have to spend a lot of time on his body though to avoid getting murdered. Even young Jingles had more meat on him.

Yea he's pretty crafty but he's definitely going to need to add strength.

I really like him. He had a 19 point, 11 assist game the other day and he hit a couple jumpers including at least 1 off the dribble in the midrange that was super encouraging. He also had a driving right hand, live ball skip pass to the left corner for an open 3 that was LeBron-esque.

He's moving up boards, Sam Vecinie has moved him to 16 in his latest mock draft. 

MCWs younger brother, Marcus Zegarowski is a junior at Creighton. He's a point guard who can really shoot it. If he has a big tournament he might declare and we'd presumably have the inside scoop on him as a person etc. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/17/2021 at 7:55 PM, CTMagicUK said:

Yea he's pretty crafty but he's definitely going to need to add strength.

I really like him. He had a 19 point, 11 assist game the other day and he hit a couple jumpers including at least 1 off the dribble in the midrange that was super encouraging. He also had a driving right hand, live ball skip pass to the left corner for an open 3 that was LeBron-esque.

He's moving up boards, Sam Vecinie has moved him to 16 in his latest mock draft. 

Feels really weird to have a local professional prospect getting that much attention. Incredible. 

If someone wants to keep us posted as to which prospects we should be watching each day in the NCAA tournament, that’d be awesome. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

If someone wants to keep us posted as to which prospects we should be watching each day in the NCAA tournament, that’d be awesome. Thanks!

On 3/15/2021 at 10:23 AM, CTMagicUK said:

https://zonahoops.com/2021/03/14/2021-march-madness-nba-draft-scouting-guide/

Heres a link I found where someone has highlighted basically every prospect in the tournament. Worth a look if you're planning on watching the NCAA tournament the next couple of weeks.

Cross reference the games that are on with this list.

• Upvote 1