CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

1 minute ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Marc acres and magicman return!  Now where’s  jareth?  Well at least we didn’t just get the fifth pick and not get Chicago’s. I still like Ayo with the eighth. Get giddey with five and I’m happy. And then Kofi in the second round. 

Whoever we get better be able to shoot and not some bs “he can develop his shot”

Dude Ayo isn't going top 20.

The Givony mock that ESPN posted post lottery has us going 

5. Kuminga

8. Keon Johnson

33. JT Thor

It would be truly astonishing if my favourite prospect we draft is picked 33. 

31 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Whatever u say CT. When was Donavan Mitchell drafted again?  Yeah he sucked too. 

Lol what? I didn't say he sucked. Literally nobody has Ayo Dosunmu top 20. 

ESPN (Givony): 26

The Athletic (Vecinie): 30

Bleacher Report (Wasserman): 26

Sports Illustrated (Woo): 24

The Ringer (KOC): 30 

That's basically everyone who gets paid to cover the NBA draft for a reputable site. Ayo would have to have insane workouts to get picked lottery and if he does have insane workouts he'll start moving up draft boards and we'll know about it but right now if every draft guy has him in the 20s that should indicate where the league values him considering these guys talk to scouts and FO guys all the time.

I don’t care one iota what the so called experts predict. I have been watching the nba and college for over forty years and my opinion is that Ayo is a baller and is definitely a top ten player in this draft. You can like whoever u like. But to keep on repeating what the clowns have on their bs draft boards is foolish imo. They have proven to be wrong so many times it’s quite ridiculous to even care what they spit out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I don’t care one iota what the so called experts predict. I have been watching the nba and college for over forty years and my opinion is that Ayo is a baller and is definitely a top ten player in this draft. You can like whoever u like. But to keep on repeating what the clowns have on their bs draft boards is foolish imo. They have proven to be wrong so many times it’s quite ridiculous to even care what they spit out. 

How long you've been watching basketball means nothing. 

It does matter what those guys put in mocks because they're constantly talking to league sources. 

Whether you believe the mocks are correct or incorrect they're a pretty accurate representation of how the league on average views guys.

Again, I'm not talking about how good Ayo actually is, I'm only talking about the likelihood of him going top 20 given the information currently available. 

1 hour ago, Babir_9 said:

I can’t tell you the lottery results because it is a lottery but I can tell you for sure again that Chuma won’t be an all star in this league…hopefully he gets a healthy career and becomes a good role player for us.

Chuma definitely has all star caliber abilities if he develops correctly 

I'm salty af right now not going to lie. 

Even if we can trade up for 3 with Cleveland it's going to cost us 8 or taking on KLove or something. 

6 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm salty af right now not going to lie. 

Even if we can trade up for 3 with Cleveland it's going to cost us 8 or taking on KLove or something. 

Jeff looked absolutely fuming with it.

Interesting times ahead for sure.

Front office its time to earn your money and then some

1 minute ago, Jay Magic said:

Jeff looked absolutely fuming with it.

Interesting times ahead for sure.

Front office its time to earn your money and then some

100%.

This draft could honestly make or break the Weltman era. They nail this we could be set up for years and they all keep their jobs. They don't and we might have a new front office 3 years from now. 

33 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

100%.

This draft could honestly make or break the Weltman era. They nail this we could be set up for years and they all keep their jobs. They don't and we might have a new front office 3 years from now. 

Give me Kuminga, Barnes, Moody or Bouknight and i am happy 

Or Jalen Green Falls to 5