CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

We all need to chill. 5 and 8 is not the ideal situation but its a damn strong 1 also. We have options in abundance.

The front office now has to do their work and make **** happen.

For all we know we have stars on the roster already. Its a huge summer all round and i am beyond excited.

Get the correct coach next...

Chuma is the 1 i am excited about the most believe it or not.

These guys have so much much growth to come. 

We are gonna be excellent very quickly 

I'm with you. We have some good young prospects that have already shown some flashes of major talent and drive. 

17 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Nah bruh. We have zero stars.

Every draft there’s that one spot you need to be in to get the game changers. We again are right outside that spot. We are going to be just like we’ve always been and nothing will change until we trade for a star, finally luck into a spot to draft one or sign one.

That’s just how the game is won.

To say we have zero stars is not true or false yet. I get your upset. But we have players who could well very develop into stars. My opinion anyway. 

Just now, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I'm with you. We have some good young prospects that have already shown some flashes of major talent and drive. 

I genuinely believe we have a excellent foundation of players already. Health is gonna be key. 

And if the front office believes in moving up in this draft you do everything possible to get the player you want. 

4 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Friendly reminder that the last team to win a title with their own first overall pick during his first stint on the team was Tim Duncan. Before that was Hakeem Olajuwon. It simply doesn’t happen often and isn’t the end-all of team building.  When the Cavs won in 2016, Kyrie was in his first stint with the team, but the pick Cleveland used to get him was from a trade with the Clippers. Also, LeBron on that same team was on his second stint with the franchise.

Really think about it, in the current generation of superstars how many of them were the first overall pick in their draft class?

All NBA 1st team

Steph, Luka, Kawhi, Giannis, Jokic

All NBA 2nd Team

Lillard, Paul, Randle, James, Embiid

All NBA 3rd Team

Beal, Irving, Butler, George, Gobert

Only 2 of the 15 players to make All NBA teams this year were the first overall pick in their draft. LeBron and Kyrie..

I guess the question for tank crowd, with that in mind, is why you would continue to support actively making the team bad for lottery position?

It’s an odd sort of job security for Weltman. But why does the everyday fan continue to sign up for it? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

How can u tell a players ceiling already?? Doesnt make sense. 

Because I have seen him play…first he has health issues…second nothing spectacular about him, undersized for PF a bit slow for a SF…so hopefully he will be a good role player which is good, he is not going to be an All Star.

Just now, Jay Magic said:

I genuinely believe we have a excellent foundation of players already. Health is gonna be key. 

And if the front office believes in moving up in this draft you do everything possible to get the player you want. 

Why does this remind me if the “young guns” everyone was do excited about 9 or so years ago?  I hope our players prove me wrong, but nothing about the end of last season gives me much reason for optimism.  

As a little ray of hope: of the best players on the teams currently in the conference finals, one was drafted top ten, and none were top 3. Kawhi and Paul George were both later picks. Devin Booker was outside the top ten and even Paul way back when was just 4th. Trae Young was 5th and John Collins was 19th. Giannis was mid-first round and Middleton was second round. The only top 3 pick having any real impact on these teams is Ayton, the third or even fourth best player on that team.

Just now, JJZFL said:

Why does this remind me if the “young guns” everyone was do excited about 9 or so years ago?  I hope our players prove me wrong, but nothing about the end of last season gives me much reason for

1 minute ago, Babir_9 said:

Because I have seen him play…first he has health issues…second nothing spectacular about him, undersized for PF a bit slow for a SF…so hopefully he will be a good role player which is good, he is not going to be an All Star.

Ok nostradamus 

2 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

Ok nostradamus. You got the next lottery results by any chance. We can agree to disagree here. How you can say he is not going to be something already is funny. We will see

3 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Why does this remind me if the “young guns” everyone was do excited about 9 or so years ago?  I hope our players prove me wrong, but nothing about the end of last season gives me much reason for optimism.  

Be ready to be proved wrong