CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

39 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

Okay, who do you suggest we trade, I really think Hampton is the keeper in that group, so are you talking a Fultz/Anthony trade?

Unfortunately, as you said in the comment above, Fultz might be the one to go eventually. I don’t want that personally, and am rooting for him to come back mostly as good as he was, but with an improved jumper. I also think RJ can realistically play a good amount of 3, and honestly I could see all of Fultz, Cole, RJ, and Suggs playing either guard spot interchangeably with each other. 

5 minutes ago, O_SteveO said:

Unfortunately, as you said in the comment above, Fultz might be the one to go eventually. I don’t want that personally, and am rooting for him to come back mostly as good as he was, but with an improved jumper. I also think RJ can realistically play a good amount of 3, and honestly I could see all of Fultz, Cole, RJ, and Suggs playing either guard spot interchangeably with each other. 

Well, we are seeing the most certain challenges our team will face if they select Suggs as the #1, and if he is there, they will have too.

Unless there can be a draft day package involving some very serious shooters, The draft day possibilities are endless.

36 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

Well, we are seeing the most certain challenges our team will face if they select Suggs as the #1, and if he is there, they will have too.

Unless there can be a draft day package involving some very serious shooters, The draft day possibilities are endless.

Even if they do take Suggs, I’d be shocked if anyone is moved before the season starts. Ideally we just get to pick Cade first or land Green a spot or so down. After 1, I think the next 3 spots are pretty much up in the air, depending on who is picking and which players they fall in love with. It wouldn’t shock me at all if any of Suggs, Green, or Mobley went #2, tho I think it is probably most likely Mobley. Who knows

10 hours ago, chosen12 said:

Yeah, I can see Suggs as I stated, Hampton is a keeper as a 2/1 combo Guard. But Fultz wants to be a leader of this team, and so does Anthony. I think we need shooting, we have Okeke, JI, Carter and Ross returning, but no consistent scoring except Ross and Hampton.........where is the scoring? I kind of smell a Fultz trade package in the  future, the very near future, and I don't know that I am going to be comfortable with that.

Like you, I want Fultz to succeed as a Magic player, but already in his short career he’s had a shoulder issue and an ACL injury. Durability is certainly a question mark. 

At this point in time we just need to draft the best player available and try to rebuild around a team that has plenty of scoring and shooting. I do think that Anthony, Hampton and Fultz can be part of that future, but at the same time we need to be prepare for the possibility that we move on from one of them.

12 hours ago, chosen12 said:

Yeah, I can see Suggs as I stated, Hampton is a keeper as a 2/1 combo Guard. But Fultz wants to be a leader of this team, and so does Anthony. I think we need shooting, we have Okeke, JI, Carter and Ross returning, but no consistent scoring except Ross and Hampton.........where is the scoring? I kind of smell a Fultz trade package in the  future, the very near future, and I don't know that I am going to be comfortable with that.

Scoring is definitely a concern.  I believe in the modern NBA you need multiple solid three point threats on the floor at all times.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Scoring is definitely a concern.  I believe in the modern NBA you need multiple solid three point threats on the floor at all times.  

4 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I believe the Magic will take the best player available and then make a decision about the rest of the roster. 

I absolutely agree with both of these comments. The Magic need more (better) 3-point shooting, not just to score points, but to open up the middle for out guys to cut to the basket. It's a lot easier to find a clear lane, if you have a rep for being able to pass out and hit the 3. It's also easier when you have a rep for mixing it up. Shot/play diversity is very important too. You can't just play drive/kick, or drive/finish - you have to do both to keep the defense out of their comfort zone. 

Everyone knew that Bacon was going to attack and try to score - team defenses rarely played for him to make the pass. Last night I was watching Utah/Memphis, and every time Conley went to the middle, Memphis played him for the pass and made a ton of steals - because he wasn't really ever trying to finish. One trick ponies don't work! We have the guys that can drive and finish or drive and kick; but if no one makes that 3 consistently, teams start focusing on the middle, and worry less about closing out. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/22/2021 at 2:50 PM, Soul Bro said:

If WeltHam think he’s a better prospect than Fultz or Anthony, than I could easily see us picking him. Despite the contract, Fultz is no guarantee to become an all-star guard, and Anthony is a score first 6th man to me at this point. Then Hampton is SG, while I doubt MCW will even play a significant role next year. Lastly, given their size, I could see Suggs and Fultz playing together.

I would much rather see mcw as the tenacious defender you put in for 5 minutes to wreck havoc every half... kinda like a pinball machine you know its going to be a wild ride, but hey you put the quarter in to play and who knows what will happen. Will it ricochet of the bumpers and you can send it back up or will it go right down the center of the flippers and you had no chance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The current Draft express mock has us drafting Jalen Green and Jalen Johnson. 

Let me tell you, if we pick Jalen Johnson when Franz Wagner, Moses Moody, James Bouknight, Scottie Barnes, Jaden Springer and Josh Giddey are all on the board I will be so disappointed. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

The current Draft express mock has us drafting Jalen Green and Jalen Johnson. 

Let me tell you, if we pick Jalen Johnson when Franz Wagner, Moses Moody, James Bouknight, Scottie Barnes, Jaden Springer and Josh Giddey are all on the board I will be so disappointed. 

I recently read an article that said that Green could possibly go 1st or 2nd because he is more of a sure thing.