Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

If the season ended today we'd have the highest probability of picking #6 with 27%. Let's say we don't get a top 5 pick, who do people like? 

I've said previously my guys are Bouknight, Springer and Williams but interested to hear guys other people like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

My point is people shouldn't worry about something which we actually can't control (because lottery odds). And that no matter where we pick in the lottery we've got a shot at a franchise changer. And it really doesn't matter what people thought of a guy once you draft him. You think if we draft Kuminga and he busts people are gonna be like "Still glad we got that top 5 pick, we picked the right guy but he just didn't pan out" or are they going to say "why didn't we pick [X player picked 10th who's a star]?"  

 

I get this mentality, and you are right. But I don’t think this FO has given fans much trust that they would be able to find that guy in the teens who ends up becoming a star

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I get this mentality, and you are right. But I don’t think this FO has given fans much trust that they would be able to find that guy in the teens who ends up becoming a star

To be fair, Weltman and Hammond's only outright "bad" draft pick from a pure talent perspective (i.e. not injuries) appears to be Bamba (even if I personally still have some hope there). It's a little early for Cole and Okeke but they seem like pretty good picks to me. 

But I do definitely understand where you're coming from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

If the season ended today we'd have the highest probability of picking #6 with 27%. Let's say we don't get a top 5 pick, who do people like? 

I've said previously my guys are Bouknight, Springer and Williams but interested to hear guys other people like.

Think I’d look at Bouknight, Keon Johnson, Scottie Barnes, Moody. I’m usually all for BPA over fit, but we desperately need a wing that can play the 2/3. Our biggest hole by far, especially if the plan with Evan is to just let him expire and walk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Think I’d look at Bouknight, Keon Johnson, Scottie Barnes, Moody. I’m usually all for BPA over fit, but we desperately need a wing that can play the 2/3. Our biggest hole by far, especially if the plan with Evan is to just let him expire and walk.

Scottie Barnes is the exact type of player I always love (great defender, great passer) I just can't see his fit on our team. He doesn't seem to have a clear offensive role in the NBA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bouknight for me. Then Keon/Moody. If it was pure upside you might swing for Z Williams. 
Bouknight looks like the Alpha scorer we need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Scottie Barnes is the exact type of player I always love (great defender, great passer) I just can't see his fit on our team. He doesn't seem to have a clear offensive role in the NBA.

Admittedly it’s my Nole homerism showing on Scottie. The same homerism that makes me pretend Dwayne Bacon is a decent NBA player

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

I wouldn't want to finish with the worst record, you most likely drop to 5th pick. Odd for picking there are massive (48%) and there's only a minor drop off for a top 3 pick if you finish with 4th or 5th worst record (0.8-1.5%.) With our remaining fixtures I only see us with 18-20 wins. That should have us in the 2-5 seed range.

Maybe I’m missing something but I believe the odds simply spread into the lottery from pick two on: http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

Edit: So it seems to me we’d want a top three pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Maybe I’m missing something but I believe the odds simply spread into the lottery from pick two on: http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

Edit: So it seems to me we’d want a top three pick

Yeah I don't see us catching Minnesota or Detroit at this point but I can't see what we're wheeling out there being better than any other single player at all. I think we are safely 3rd worst record. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×