CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

If we could lose to the Rockets twice and Wolves once we can help them move down. I expect Detroit to pass us soon. I would love to be jumping up and down and screaming and hollering with 2 great picks come draft night  :D

Imagining that we draft Cade at #1 I'm not sure who I like with the Bulls pick (Giddey would be too much duplication to be worth drafting in this scenario). I think probably Franz Wagner but I'm definitely more open to going in a number of directions. I also think trading down is a very interesting option, I'd much rather trade down than pick either of Davion Mitchel or Corey Kispert in the lottery. 

Officially tied with the Pistons... also, don’t look now but only 2 games ahead of the TWolves who are 3 - 3 in their last 6, and we still play one more time. If we fall to 2nd worst in the NBA by the end of this season it guarantees us a top 6 pick, even if we have the worst possible lottery luck.

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Officially tied with the Pistons... also, don’t look now but only 2 games ahead of the TWolves who are 3 - 3 in their last 6, and we still play one more time. If we fall to 2nd worst in the NBA by the end of this season it guarantees us a top 6 pick, even if we have the worst possible lottery luck.

Minnesota plays Sacramento tonight. That's one to keep an eye on. 

12 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Would there be any advantage to drafting 3 guys that already played together, like Suggs, Kisbert, and Ayayi?

Short term advantage I guess. Long term no. 

10 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I really don’t like a lot of his 6-15 picks. Sure, a lot of guys have potential, but that word has often led to major misses, too. I’m still on the Cade/Green/Suggs/Mobley train with our first pick and then the Wagner/Mitchell train with Chicago’s pick.

12 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I really don’t like a lot of his 6-15 picks. Sure, a lot of guys have potential, but that word has often led to major misses, too. I’m still on the Cade/Green/Suggs/Mobley train with our first pick and then the Wagner/Mitchell train with Chicago’s pick.

This is where I am as well. I don’t know a ton about Wagner, but I’m a fan of Mitchell. We really need our first pick to be top 4 lol

2nd round guys I'm varying degrees of interested in if possible: 

JT Thor

Ben Mathurin

Both those guys are testing the waters. Think they could be lottery picks in 2022 if they go back and have a big year so I'd honestly promise either at 34 and say we'll give them a 2+1 year deal that totals 4+ mil (similar to Iwundu deal). See if the earlier to free agency + one year extra earning is enough to convince them to come out. 

Jaden Springer is at 28 on ESPN's big board and I think he's a lottery pick talent so if he fell to 34 that'd be insane (really, really doubt it)

Roko Prkacin (also a first round talent in my opinion who ESPN has at 39)

Kessler Edwards

Aaron Henry

Joe Weiskamp

RaiQuan Gray

Sandro Mamukelashvili

Joel Ayayi

And probably more likely to be undrafted but I'd definitely give a shot on a 2 way or an exhibit 10:

Scottie Lewis

Yves Pons