CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

7 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I hear you. My point is I believe our roster is going to remain very fluid over the next 12 months. And, yes, I expect several more trades in that timeframe.

It appears so, that the FO has something under their sleeve (Ziaire works out twice?) for draft night. It wouldn't surprise me to see that the Magic made a trade up or down.

Same during free agency period, wouldn't surprise me to see a trade.

And then the roster should be set to run when season opens Oct 19.

13 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Mike Schmitz calls Scottie Barnes “a basketball savant. Basketball genius” 

As an FSU fan I did not see that.  I often had to remind myself what his number was so I could tell who he was on the court.  He in no way stood out from his competition.

10 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I’m still traumatized by Mario not panning out so I’m not letting myself get too hyped about this thing

Lolllllll!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, og magic fan said:

As an FSU fan I did not see that.  I often had to remind myself what his number was so I could tell who he was on the court.  He in no way stood out from his competition.

I find this bizarre because as a non-fan every time I saw them he absolutely popped 

16 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I find this bizarre because as a non-fan every time I saw them he absolutely popped 

Really?  What exactly did you see that "popped"?  

1 hour ago, og magic fan said:

Nightmare draft would be Barnes and Moody!  Let's go another decade with no shot creators!  SMH

Why would it be a decade? We could draft one in 2022? This draft isn't our only opportunity of the rebuild.

5 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Guys Kai Jones?

Talk to me...

I never paid much attention to him. After watching some YouTube videos on him this guy really really intrigues me. Wow.

I could see us taking him. Fits the mold.

If you watch the highlights he looks like he could be a superstar but then you look at the stats and see he never played starters minutes in 2 years at Texas, isn't a great shooter, isn't a great rebounder, isn't a great shot blocker. He's all theoretical. He's flashed so many skills but never did any of them consistently enough to say he could do them at an NBA level. At the moment he's mostly a 20 year old catch and finish big who doesn't protect the rim at a high level. I can see why teams are intrigued but I'd pass personally.