CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

9 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Run from it, destiny arrives all the same. We are drafting long boy's. If anyone has a short wingspan, they might as well not work out for Orlando.

Luckily we already have Cole.Fultz,RJ. I think all 3 are more talented then Mario,Elfrid and hopefully more healthy then Oladipo. This will be the difference from last time. If they can just hit on one guy from 5,8 or next years pick we are cooking.

This is the one point of concern that I have with Giddey being not really a WeltHam kind of guy. He is a 6'8" PG/SG/SF, but he only has a 6'7 1/2" wingspan. 

This is something I posted on twitter but it feels like it's worth sharing here considering the Sengun discussion that came up the other day. 

Sengun had 69%TS on 26% Usage (while scoring 19ppg) at 18 in a pro league. 

Here's the list (as far back as the database goes) of freshman in college who played starters minutes and had 65+% TS and 25+% USG: 

Zion Williamson

End list. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

This is something I posted on twitter but it feels like it's worth sharing here considering the Sengun discussion that came up the other day. 

Sengun had 69%TS on 26% Usage (while scoring 19ppg) at 18 in a pro league. 

Here's the list (as far back as the database goes) of freshman in college who played starters minutes and had 65+% TS and 25+% USG: 

Zion Williamson

End list. 

The more I read, the more I think we’re really interested in him at 8.

7 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

The more I read, the more I think we’re really interested in him at 8.

I'd be ok with it. I think he's got enormous potential as a scorer. He was practically unguardable at 18 in a pro league. 

It's fair to ask if he'll be as effective against longer, better and more athletic players but he's only 18, he could easily get stronger and bigger and develop more skill himself. 

Unless its green, I dont want us to move. There is real possibility if someone pick barnes, we can get suggs and Kuminga in this draft. I am addicted to this years since there are so many possibility. Can pick Kuminga and trade 8th for pick and 12-14th and pick up Sengun, can get Barnes and Kuminga is he drop, can get Barnes and Moody and etc

I’d love to consider getting an extra lotto pick in order to draft Duerte. I know he’s older but I love his shooting and his story.

14 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’d love to consider getting an extra lotto pick in order to draft Duerte. I know he’s older but I love his shooting and his story.

Chris Duarte is a year older than Brandon Ingram. 

38 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

24 years old...he would be older than half the team as a rookie.

I was pretty gutted the following day of the lottery. And I’ve been in a sort of rollercoaster ever since. From accepting that with the 5th and 8th we would be able to get exactly what we need, to hoping we trade up or even to pack these and trade for a young star (who? Ingram for example. But would he be available? At what cost?).

Now with less than 1 week to go, and after reading prospects reports and profiles, I am more leaning into the scenario of trading up. I do really believe Cade or Green are the best prospects for our team. But it will be a long shot to get one of them.

I’m not really sold on Barnes: he may be a well-rounded athlete but the last thing we need is a guy that struggles to score. Kuminga has all the tools to be that guy but I read some concerns with his “motor”, a bit like Bamba… hope it’s wrong in case we draft him.

From all the other prospects in our range, Bouknight, Keon or Giddey looks to me the more interesting ones but not to be selected with the 5.

I can’t really see why some people consider selecting Wagner, and taking Jalen Johnson would be overlapping Okeke, imo.

As for the 33rd pick, and in case we keep it, I really want us to jump for the fences on a high risk/reward guy: JT Thor or Primo would be nice but my preferred bet would be on BJ Boston, who had a very disappointing season but he has the skills and enough talent to be something special.

I more worried about Kuminga being closer to Mario, then Bamba.

A super confident guy who looks like a man amongst boys but has no real basketball skills. 

Now granted, Kuminga looks like he has more moves then Mario ever did, but he still can't shoot, and looks lost on some of his very limited video. 

I would hope they see things during the workouts. I trust them to see for themselves and not buy into the hype.

I'm flipping back to what I wanted two months ago. 

Two Jalens. Green seems impossible but I bet we could get Suggs and Johnson. Would not include the 8th pick to move up but future picks could do it.