CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Givony and Schmitz also have Barnes and Bouknight as two of their biggest winners of the combine along with GIDDEY who (although he didn't attend) thry say there's a real buzz about as people ask others for opinions. Think Giddey might end up a top 10 (#8 plz) pick.

Jonathan Givony @ Draft Express on Barnes, " excels when he takes long strides to the rim and extends for layups. Often called a freight train in the open court"

I've previously named Barnes, Scottie (Pippen) Barnes. Today I re-name him, Scottie (Pippen-LeBron) Barnes.

Got to add him to the Magic and "pair" him with JI, his buddy from FSU.

4 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Jonathan Givony @ Draft Express on Barnes, " excels when he takes long strides to the rim and extends for layups. Often called a freight train in the open court"

I've previously named Barnes, Scottie (Pippen) Barnes. Today I re-name him, Scottie (Pippen-LeBron) Barnes.

Got to add him to the Magic and "pair" him with JI, his buddy from FSU.

He's not nearly as athletic as Pippen nevermind Lebron

37 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

He's not nearly as athletic as Pippen nevermind Lebron

Maybe not Lebron like but he’s pretty athletic overall.

That’s why I don’t like the Draymond comparisons. 

4 hours ago, ML6 said:

I would be fine with Moody ending up on the Magic but 5 feels like a huge overpay.

I understand the point of the article is surprise picks, but Moody at #5 better not happen. We are in no position to take anything other than absolute BPA

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gobucsmagic said:

I understand the point of the article is surprise picks, but Moody at #5 better not happen. We are in no position to take anything other than absolute BPA

We need the 2 best shooters with 5 & 8 and maybe take a chance with 33. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

Maybe not Lebron like but he’s pretty athletic overall.

That’s why I don’t like the Draymond comparisons. 

You get it !!! 

Scottie (Pippen - LeBron) Barnes   

At 19 yrs, 6'9, 225, 7'3" wingspan, 39 1/2" vertical, 2.99-second shuttle was the 2nd best at the combine, 3rd largest hands in this class.....

5 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

You get it !!! 

Scottie (Pippen - LeBron) Barnes   

At 19 yrs, 6'9, 225, 7'3" wingspan, 39 1/2" vertical, 2.99-second shuttle was the 2nd best at the combine, 3rd largest hands in this class.....

Combine tested athleticism and functional athleticism are very different. Pat Connaughton had a 44' max vert at the combine but it doesn't show up in his play. Scottie doesn't have the burst, shake or explosion of Pippen at all in my opinion. 

• Like 1

I wonder if Weltman and Hammond are tempted to draft and stash Ibou Dianko Badji at 33. Mobile 7'1 center with a 7'6 wingspan. Could leave him at Barca for a couple of years and see how he develops.

10 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Combine tested athleticism and functional athleticism are very different. Pat Connaughton had a 44' max vert at the combine but it doesn't show up in his play. Scottie doesn't have the burst, shake or explosion of Pippen at all in my opinion. 

I'm going to trust Givony on this one.....

2 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

I'm going to trust Givony on this one.....

"Mobile for his size but lacking a degree of quickness and burst off the dribble. Plays below the rim in the half court. Not much of a leaper." - Mike Schmitz of Draft Express and ESPN.

https://www.espn.co.uk/nba/draft/bestavailable 

Guys, i'm really starting to like Bouknight.  I like his explosive first step and body control. I love that he is a bit older. I love the news coming out about his shot.

29 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I wonder if Weltman and Hammond are tempted to draft and stash Ibou Dianko Badji at 33. Mobile 7'1 center with a 7'6 wingspan. Could leave him at Barca for a couple of years and see how he develops.

I've been thinking that 33 would be a great place to draft a center. Unless we need to trade one, keep both WCJ and Bamba and draft and stash a center to be the future back-up.

Pay whichever center develops and bring a euro center over next offseason.