CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Okay, so I've finally convinced myself I like someone in this draft. Moses Moody is going to be at least a decent starter at the 2, and I do think he has some star potential if he improves his ball-handling. Might be interesting to see what Golden State would give us to move up (7 & 14 would be awesome; time for us to rob someone for once).

I'm all in on Moody at 8 as well. More interested in that pick than 5 considering who we are linked with there. Weltman said they've discussed with a lot of teams about moving up/down but said it's been pretty tough to agree on a deal. Agree that dropping back from 5 and picking up an additional pick would be super nice.

1 hour ago, 45degree said:

I would be suprised if the top 5 isn`t Cade, both Jalen`s, Mobley and Barnes in some order at this point.

I like a lot of the guys we can get with the 8th pick as well, bottom line is I trust our FO and I am excited for tonight.

PS: I have been REALLY productive at work today. LOL. I wish at least.

Top 4 order is pretty much confirmed.

Cade, Green, Mobley, Suggs. Green even caught flying in on the Houston owners private plane for the draft in NY! But yes, looks like those 5 will be the first names. Hopefully it gets more exciting after that!

1 hour ago, crisby pancakes said:

I'm all in on Moody at 8 as well. More interested in that pick than 5 considering who we are linked with there. Weltman said they've discussed with a lot of teams about moving up/down but said it's been pretty tough to agree on a deal. Agree that dropping back from 5 and picking up an additional pick would be super nice.

Top 4 order is pretty much confirmed.

Cade, Green, Mobley, Suggs. Green even caught flying in on the Houston owners private plane for the draft in NY! But yes, looks like those 5 will be the first names. Hopefully it gets more exciting after that!

I'd love to see TO take Barnes and let Suggs drop to us. 

5 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Me too but I think the top 4 has been set for quite a while. Fingers crossed for a miracle and one of them drops somehow!

9 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

I don't see that happening. They need to get someone to replace Lowry. He is getting older and is interested in leaving.

3 minutes ago, Extential said:

I don't see that happening. They need to get someone to replace Lowry. He is getting older and is interested in leaving.

Barnes is the bigger risk, especially with Pascal Siacam there. 

What's the worst thing for the Magic is their tragic "just missed" draft positions for the "definitely can't miss" players.

2018 - #6 (Mo Bamba) the year of #5 Trae Young / Doncic. 

2017 - #6 (Jonathan Isaac) the year of #5 DeAaron Fox

2015 - #5 (Mario H) the year of #4 K. Porzingas.

2014 - #4 (Aaron Gordon) the year of #3 Joel Embiid

It just feels like this will be another year of #5 with #4 Jalen Suggs going on to become an All-Star and Barnes not panning out.

Call me jaded, and I still do believe Scottie Barnes can become something, but I'm just tired of us getting into these positions of being on the "outside looking in" on the NBA Draft locks. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Barnes is the bigger risk, especially with Pascal Siacam there. 

What's the worst thing for the Magic is their tragic "just missed" draft positions for the "definitely can't miss" players.

2018 - #6 (Mo Bamba) the year of #5 Trae Young / Doncic. 

2017 - #6 (Jonathan Isaac) the year of #5 DeAaron Fox

2015 - #5 (Mario H) the year of #4 K. Porzingas.

2014 - #4 (Aaron Gordon) the year of #3 Joel Embiid

It just feels like this will be another year of #5 with #4 Jalen Suggs going on to become an All-Star and Barnes not panning out.

Call me jaded, and I still do believe Scottie Barnes can become something, but I'm just tired of us getting into these positions of being on the "outside looking in" on the NBA Draft locks. 

I wouldn't look at it that way. Many times the better player is later in the draft. I think it is rarer for the top picks to pan out. For example 2014 #6 Marcus Smart, #13 Zack LaVine, Nikola Jokić even when #41

52 minutes ago, O_SteveO said:

Why does Barnes remind me of a much bigger Marcus Smart, except a better passer and worse shooter? lol

That's the same comparison I have for him. Pretty spot on, IMO. 

46 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Smoke and Mirrors, boys. #KeepTheFaith 

What you can get from this, if they really, really...i mean really do not want to take Suggs they are making some other team pay to get him. No way they just take someone else, if they love another player. They are going to get somebody to pay up for him. Maybe it's the Magic, OKC or someone else.

If i was Toronto, i would just take Suggs.

24 minutes ago, Extential said:

I wouldn't look at it that way. Many times the better player is later in the draft. I think it is rarer for the top picks to pan out. For example 2014 #6 Marcus Smart, #13 Zack LaVine, Nikola Jokić even when #41

This draft is top heavy but everyone says it's also deep. 

My prediction one of the top 4 is a bust but 3 are really really good. Someone in the lotto after that is a stud and one player in between makes waves the first year.

I have no idea which player  because they are all so freaking young and raw.