CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

34 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Do we want a separate 'game thread' for the draft or shall we just roll with this one through the night? 

New thread is my vote. 

PLAYER DATE POS TEAM AMD

Scottie Barnes July 10 SF Florida St. 5

Jonathan Kuminga July 20 SF G League Ignite 6

James Bouknight N/A SG UConn 7

Moses Moody N/A SG Arkansas 11

Keon Johnson N/A SG Tennessee 12

Corey Kispert July 6 SF Gonzaga 13

Alperen Sengun N/A C Besiktas (Turkey) 15

Jaden Springer N/A SG Tennessee 25

AJ Lawson July 15 SG South Carolina 59

Matthew Hurt N/A PF Duke 66

This is supposed to be a list of players we brought in for a workout.  AMD is aggregate mock draft ranking.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-draft-workouts/

Watch the video as much as you can.....

In so many ways Kai is a young Dwight Howard...

The FO then, didn't pass on Dwight, they took the risk an the rest is history while he was with the Magic.

This FO should do the same and draft the next Dwight Howard in Kai Jones (deal Bamba for him)

52 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Do we want a separate 'game thread' for the draft or shall we just roll with this one through the night? 

I suggest a new thread. That way anyone looking at this in the future doesn’t have to scroll to page 180-200 to get to the actual draft discussion.  However, it’s a very minor deal either way.  

• Upvote 1

Let's face it, there will probably be 3 or 4 trades or picks that will blow our minds tonight. 

I think there is a very small chance the Magic are involved in any of them. More then likely we stick to 5 and 8 and pick the players mocked to us.

I'm ready for some fireworks. Prove me wrong Magic!

4 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Watch the video as much as you can.....

In so many ways Kai is a young Dwight Howard...

The FO then, didn't pass on Dwight, they took the risk an the rest is history while he was with the Magic.

This FO should do the same and draft the next Dwight Howard in Kai Jones (deal Bamba for him)

Lol Dwight was a better player at 18 than Kai Jones is now at 20.

57 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I'm trying so hard to talk myself into liking Scottie Barnes. I don't think I've ever disliked a prospect we're rumored to be looking at so much. I get that the defense is good. But I've not seen a lottery pick with so little scoring ability. The guy can't shoot off the dribble (like, at all; it's really, really bad), can't shoot off the catch, can't post up. He doesn't even have a floater or push shot. He cannot score unless it's a layup or dunk (and I'm not sure I've seen him do that in anything but an open lane). He's going to be the worst half-court offensive player in the league.

Agree. I like so many other guys more than him at 8 even. 

Okay, so I've finally convinced myself I like someone in this draft. Moses Moody is going to be at least a decent starter at the 2, and I do think he has some star potential if he improves his ball-handling. Might be interesting to see what Golden State would give us to move up (7 & 14 would be awesome; time for us to rob someone for once).

I would be suprised if the top 5 isn`t Cade, both Jalen`s, Mobley and Barnes in some order at this point.

I like a lot of the guys we can get with the 8th pick as well, bottom line is I trust our FO and I am excited for tonight.

PS: I have been REALLY productive at work today. LOL. I wish at least.

Kai Jones has a better chance of not being in the league in 5 years than becoming even 30% as good as Dwight was in Orlando.

1 hour ago, 45degree said:

I would be suprised if the top 5 isn`t Cade, both Jalen`s, Mobley and Barnes in some order at this point.

I like a lot of the guys we can get with the 8th pick as well, bottom line is I trust our FO and I am excited for tonight.

PS: I have been REALLY productive at work today. LOL. I wish at least.

I'm ready for this to begin.