CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

As someone who doesn’t really follow college basketball, I’ve definitely benefited from your posts.  

Same here I don’t follow college basketball much but the plethora of information y’all post is more than enough to do my homework. Thanks for always posting great articles guys keep em coming!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Cooper at 33 would be neat. Too bad we won’t keep it lol

In Weltman's presser he alluded to a certain level of talent whereby they would make the pick vs trading it. Whether we view Sharife as that level of prospect (he's top 20 for me personally) is different I guess. (And whether that's really true or was just lip service I suppose)

The weird thing about #33 and the idea that 'we have too much youth' is I'd just swing on upside at that pick and send them to the G league all season. And yea that's still an organisational commitment to another player to develop but it's not more burden on the NBA coaching staff. 

Trades are starting (even though this is inconsequential). Have to say at least we never traded a 2nd just for cash under Weltman. We always at least get a future 2nd as well. 

I think if Kuminga is there at 8 (assuming Barnes at 5) we trade back. Somebody will pay for that kind of young potential. Now if we get Suggs at 5, take Kuminga at 8 and run

• Upvote 1

Idk about you all, but I’m staying away from Kuminga, even at 8. A lot of other high upside guys. Drafting a guy with high athleticism but questions of character and motor makes me want to steer clear, as I’m sure it will others. 

Won’t surprise me if he drops past #10.

3 hours ago, JJZFL said:

As someone who doesn’t really follow college basketball, I’ve definitely benefited from your posts.  

Same here! Already greeted you for that in the past, but thanks again! And good luck for all Magic supporters for tonight. :)

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Ive got to say I have wondered how many of these 168 pages I'm solely responsible for... I think the answer would terrify me lol

You are appreciated here brother CT

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

Happy Draft Day!! One of the best days of the year. 

Absolutely buzzing for it Dan!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Idk about you all, but I’m staying away from Kuminga, even at 8. A lot of other high upside guys. Drafting a guy with high athleticism but questions of character and motor makes me want to steer clear, as I’m sure it will others. 

Won’t surprise me if he drops past #10.

I’ve been all over the place with him. On one hand, the kid basically skipped his senior year of HS to occasionally look like the best player on the floor in the G-league. On the other, he clearly has a lot to work on, but doesn’t turn 19 til October. I really just hope Suggs falls lol