CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

EDIT: I think this is smoke and we don't want someone to trade up to pick the guy we actually like (which makes me think it's one of Franz, Giddey or Sengun)

Hopefully we pass on Scottie, how many times are we going to try and chase the Giannis archetype? Barnes to me is a Draymond Type who is valuable on any team but i'm not sure about drafting him 5th overall, we're drafting glue guys top 5 now? 

Why do I feel like if we draft Barnes he'll be a really good glue guy but if Toronto drafts Barnes they'll somehow turn him into a superstar.

I’m tipping a Suggs and Williams draft. What ever happens I’m sure we’ll get behind who ever we pick. I’m in Australia so gonna try get some sleep somehow. Cheers for content last few weeks lads.  Bright future ahead No doubt! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Why do I feel like if we draft Barnes he'll be a really good glue guy but if Toronto drafts Barnes they'll somehow turn him into a superstar.

Because we can’t have nice things 

5 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

We somehow have to break the mold of drafting guys that can't shoot and hope they learn, or are too skinny and are predictably injury prone but maybe we can put some weight on them. There are guys in the draft that can already shoot. There are guys in this draft that have meat on their bones and can play basketball. Can we get 1 of each please.

I think there’s a healthy balance between drafting guys who could take 3-4 years to show wether or not they’re worth having as a starter in the NBA, and drafting guys who are 90% the player they are ever going to be on the day you draft them. I personally hope we don’t take players who fit either of the above lol. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I’ve had the same thought except about OKC taking him, which might make me wanna puke even worse..

1 hour ago, Section229 said:

Hoping for Suggs! 

Thank you CT and others for all the predraft content. Enjoyed reading this thread the past few weeks. 

Amen.  It’s been fun to follow. 

Ive got to say I have wondered how many of these 168 pages I'm solely responsible for... I think the answer would terrify me lol

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Ive got to say I have wondered how many of these 168 pages I'm solely responsible for... I think the answer would terrify me lol

As someone who doesn’t really follow college basketball, I’ve definitely benefited from your posts.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

At times in the past, we started another thread when it was time for the actual draft.  Not sure whether we want to do that this year or not.