CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

Listening to Coach Hamilton tonight on ESPN, it’s clear he recruited and developed Barnes as a point guard at FSU. Have we as Magic fans asked the obvious: Might Barnes be our point guard (not our point forward) of the future?

Cole could easily play alongside Barnes or off the bench, as he’s a scorer. However, given Fultz’s struggles to shoot, this is a scenario really worth watching if we draft Barnes.

On another note, Coach Shaw makes it seem like Kuminga has a lot of room (need) to grow as a basketball player (e.g. setting screens, cutting without the ball, spacing the floor, etc). I personally hope we pass on this dude. 

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

He fits the mold of this FO. Someway, somehow they will bring Kai to the Magic. The fee is probably, Bamba, who we have tried to develop for 3 years. So, trade Bamba for a pick and draft Kai.

You can see it on the videos, he is more athletic and has more quickness than Bamba. Shot 38% from 3's on his 2nd year, 7' tall, 9,3 standing reach. Track star for his country, Bahamas.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Listening to Coach Hamilton tonight on ESPN, it’s clear he recruited and developed Barnes as a point guard at FSU. Have we as Magic fans asked the obvious: Might Barnes be our point guard (not our point forward) of the future?

Cole could easily play alongside Barnes or off the bench, as he’s a scorer. However, given Fultz’s struggles to shoot, this is a scenario really worth watching if we draft Barnes.

Could Barnes be our point guard (not our point forward) of the future?

Do we REMEMBER Hedo....Point Forward and Jameer Point Guard, played for many years together.

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

If we draft him, I think it’s a given we should try to groom him into a primary ball handler/facilitator, because that’s currently about the only thing I’ve seen that he’s good at on offense. I don’t really think the position they list him at matters a lot, but if you thought Fultz has struggled to shoot, just wait till you get a look at Scottie. I won’t be upset if we get him, but his offense (or lack there of) scares the hell out of me. 

1 hour ago, O_SteveO said:

If we draft him, I think it’s a given we should try to groom him into a primary ball handler/facilitator, because that’s currently about the only thing I’ve seen that he’s good at on offense. I don’t really think the position they list him at matters a lot, but if you thought Fultz has struggled to shoot, just wait till you get a look at Scottie. I won’t be upset if we get him, but his offense (or lack there of) scares the hell out of me. 

We somehow have to break the mold of drafting guys that can't shoot and hope they learn, or are too skinny and are predictably injury prone but maybe we can put some weight on them. There are guys in the draft that can already shoot. There are guys in this draft that have meat on their bones and can play basketball. Can we get 1 of each please.