CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

There are pics of Jalen Green getting on Tillman Fertita's (Rockets owner) jet to New York for the draft so Green #2 is a lock. 

39 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

There are pics of Jalen Green getting on Tillman Fertita's (Rockets owner) jet to New York for the draft so Green #2 is a lock. 

I'm glad you mentioned this because the trade rumors for the first two picks are heating up and i think the first two picks are locked in, no way Detroit or Houston move down.

Green makes sense for Houston because they can market him next to Wall and Wood. It's all  about the future and putting some bodies back in the seats. So Cade,Green and then of course the ever unpredictable Cavaliers. Cavs would be stupid to pass on Mobley, i'm trying to think of best case scenario for us. I have to think that Toronto really want wants Mobley, but can they beat a trade offer from our team or OKC or heck might as well throw Golden state in there too.

Cavs hold all the cards until they pick. My mind will be spinning until tommorow.

Quick Edit, if we trade up we have to keep our 2022 pick as we are probably going to be one of the five worst teams next year. Mobley or bust in a trade up?

Can't trade up for Suggs but if he drops to 5 automatic pick at 5 right? If Cavs do the smart thing and draft Mobley, i could see Toronto passing on Suggs.

1 minute ago, hootie249 said:

I'm glad you mentioned this because the trade rumors for the first two picks are heating up and i think the first two picks are locked in, no way Detroit or Houston move down.

Green makes sense for Houston because they can market him next to Wall and Wood. It's all  about the future and putting some bodies back in the seats. So Cade,Green and then of course the ever unpredictable Cavaliers. Cavs would be stupid to pass on Mobley, i'm trying to think of best case scenario for us. I have to think that Toronto really want wants Mobley, but can they beat a trade offer from our team or OKC or heck might as well throw Golden state in there too.

Cavs hold all the cards until they pick. My mind will be spinning until tommorow.

I think the Cavs will just end up picking Mobley.

3 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I think the Cavs will just end up picking Mobley.

Yes and this is best case scenario for us i think. Obviously for anyone who actually thinks Mobley is the true best player, moving up is best case. However i'm sure the price would be steep.

I think the Cavs staying put and drafting Mobley gives us a shot at Suggs. 

I can picture it now: Raptors take Barnes at 4, I am standing up in my living room clapping, Magic twitter is going nuts. Adam Silver approaches the podium and announces that with the 5th pick, the Orlando Magic select... ALPEREN SENGUN.

I then walk out the front door and keep walking, never to return.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Giddey is a 6'8 PG/Wing who's a skinny pass first guy with great vision. 

Moody is a 6'6 wing who's more of an off ball guy. Long, good shooter, good defender. 

Thank you

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Updated Givony mock dated today has us going:

#5 Barnes

#8 Kuminga

#33 JT Thor

The ultimate long guys who can't shoot draft lol.

Ick

22 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I can picture it now: Raptors take Barnes at 4, I am standing up in my living room clapping, Magic twitter is going nuts. Adam Silver approaches the podium and announces that with the 5th pick, the Orlando Magic select... ALPEREN SENGUN.

I then walk out the front door and keep walking, never to return.

LOL