CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

Here’s another question - do we think the FO wants Suggs with both Cole and Markele already in place? Or if he drops to 5, do we look to trade back and get a big deal in the process?

28 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I’m just ready for trades to start dropping left and right. Break something big, Woj! 

Or if you believe the stuff out there lately “break something big, people who do Woj’s intel work for him”

5 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

With two days until the draft, I’d be interested to hear what everybody’s realistic dream draft would be? 

To prevent the same response, let’s assume trading up isn’t an option.

Dreaming: Trade up for green and also keeping our 8th pick. We give up our bulls future first and this years 2nd rounder. The, we pick up moody at 8th.

Realistically: we get either suggs/barnes at 5th. Then we get either moody/bouknight with 8th. 

Nightmare: We do a dumb trade and we lose someone that becomes an allstar on a different team. cole/okeke/fultz/issac... etc... 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Here’s another question - do we think the FO wants Suggs with both Cole and Markele already in place? Or if he drops to 5, do we look to trade back and get a big deal in the process?

Suggs could easily be the best of all the guards so you sprint to the podium to draft him if he falls to 5. 

Franz Wagner saying he is 6’11” now is a pretty huge deal IMO

2 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

IMO Suggs is better than either of them by quite a bit. I think he could start right out the gate. I do question why he is rated so much higher than Davion "bad day" Mitchell though? His D makes the PG he is guarding have a very bad day.

Whoever we pick we need at least 2 guys that can throw the round ball in the hole and score points at a decent percentage. No more projects please!

Just now, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

IMO Suggs is better than either of them by quite a bit. I think he could start right out the gate. I do question why he is rated so much higher than Davion "bad day" Mitchell though? His D makes the PG he is guarding have a very bad day.

Whoever we pick we need at least 2 guys that can throw the round ball in the hole and score points at a decent percentage. No more projects please!

the grass always seems greener. Let suggs play in the league first before claiming he is better than anyone. I like him and would not mind taking him, but I am not going to place him above cole or fultz until till he does something in the NBA first. 

2 hours ago, LaVar said:

the grass always seems greener. Let suggs play in the league first before claiming he is better than anyone. I like him and would not mind taking him, but I am not going to place him above cole or fultz until till he does something in the NBA first. 

I'd prefer to see him prove himself on OUR team!

7 hours ago, ML6 said:

Franz Wagner saying he is 6’11” now is a pretty huge deal IMO

Yea he's been pretty secretive about his draft process too. Haven't seen anything about where he's worked out. He's a very Weltman pick, he's long, great defender and advanced stats love him. Might be a dark horse at 8.

I'm thinking we're trying to use this "The Magic love Scottie Barnes" stuff to our advantage and that we actually want Suggs and are hoping someone jumps us to take Barnes allowing Suggs to fall into our laps. 

A Suggs + Giddey/Sengun/Franz/Moody/Ziaire draft is basically best case scenario. 

Screw it it's early in the morning and I'm feeling hopeful so I'm manifesting this outcome: 

Trade up with Cleveland to 3 for Mobley 

Either keep 8 or manage to trade back into the late lottery for Giddey. 

Fultz/Cole

Cole/RJ

Chuma/Giddey

Isaac/Chuma

Mobley

2026 NBA championship (lol) 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm thinking we're trying to use this "The Magic love Scottie Barnes" stuff to our advantage and that we actually want Suggs and are hoping someone jumps us to take Barnes allowing Suggs to fall into our laps. 

A Suggs + Giddey/Sengun/Franz/Moody/Ziaire draft is basically best case scenario. 

I can see a strong argument for this type of press push. I can also see us doing a draft night trade after drafting Scottie Barnes. 

im hopeful this OKC / Toronto trade goes through as it feels the focus for OKC is acquiring Scottie Barnes.