CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

Just now, Jay Magic said:

Sharife Cooper is absolutely elite if he gets his shot better. Intrigues me.

Seen some suggestions recently he might fall into the second. If he's there at 33 I'd sprint to the podium.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, O_SteveO said:

Watch us take Moody at 5 and Giddey at 8, but then break CT’s heart by trading him to Memphis for Ziaire lol

That's what they did to me a couple years ago, picking Talen Horton-Tucker in the second round and then practically giving him to the Lakers of all teams! I was so pissed!

6 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Seen some suggestions recently he might fall into the second. If he's there at 33 I'd sprint to the podium.

All day long. Now thats a steal and then some. Thats robbery.

With two days until the draft, I’d be interested to hear what everybody’s realistic dream draft would be? 

To prevent the same response, let’s assume trading up isn’t an option.

It is frustrating that so many of us want kids that can't shoot. The game is won by the team that puts the most points on the board, not by kids we hope we can teach to shoot. That is a failed experiment we have been trying to do for years. There are plenty of kids that can already shoot in this draft, lets grab 2-3 of them even if we have to reach for them!

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

With two days until the draft, I’d be interested to hear what everybody’s realistic dream draft would be? 

Any four of Giddey, Sengun, Franz, Moody, Ziaire, Springer

Probably if I had to chose it'd be Giddey + Sengun (closely followed by Giddey + Moody). 

EDIT: This presumes Jalen Suggs is unavailable at 5.

41 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

5 Mobley or Suggs

8 Zaire Williams 

33 Bones Hyland

41 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

My dream scenario is Suggs falls to us (Toronto / OKC swap picks for OKC to draft Barnes) and we get Sengun, Ziaire, or Giddy with #8. 

This assume we again don't trade, but Suggs coming to us at #5 would be a dream. It's not that I don't like Barnes, it just feels like we already have a Scottie Barnes's copy in Jonathan Isaac. Suggs gives us the scorer we need. 

44 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

2 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

5 Mobley or Suggs

8 Zaire Williams 

33 Bones Hyland

Suggs might still be there at #5, but nobody has projected Mobley to be outside the top 4. Bones is being projected as a late first-rounder now, I think I've seen as high as 23. I'm not sure this qualifies as a "realistic dream", but you can always hope I guess.

For me, I will go with the following:

#5 Suggs if he is available - Barnes if he isn't.

#8 Giddey if he is available - Moody if he isn't

#33 BJ Boston, JT Thor if either is available

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Here's the Pelton top 30:

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/31890625/nba-draft-2021-ranking-top-30-prospects-based-stats-scouting

Giddey at 5 and ranked 3 by stats only (behind two other international guys Sengun and Garuba). 

Sengun is at 1 overall for Pelton (and also 1 by stats only). 

A lot of my favourite guys show up quite high in the stats only rank (Wagner at 4, Moody at 5)

James Bouknight would be at 62 if going only by Pelton's stats. Scottie Barnes would be 27. 

Kuminga is 7th by stats only (feels like Pelton's stats must rate higher guys who played pro).

What’s Ayo’s ranking? I don’t pay the fee. Just curious