CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Ha, I wish I worked from home! Call my boss for me and help me make that happen

Trust me it is cool working from home for a while then just like anything else it get's old.  

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

New Givony mock has us taking: 

#5 Barnes

#8 Moody

#33 JT Thor

Wouldn't be a terrible draft. Still not sold on Barnes but everyone seems to think we're taking him.

When they played together at Monteverde High School:

5 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Watching that Sengen video has me thinking we need to trade Bamba for whatever we can get for him and grab this dude at 8 if he's still there. This is the time for us to grab a few players that can already play and develop them with our other young ones. I would love to have Green at all costs but Kuminga and Sengren wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. The main thing I'm praying for is that we don't draft guys that can't shoot!

I’d maybe trade Bamba to get into the top 4, but man… if Bamba can get coached well, his physical gifts are just hard to give up on at 23. 

7 hours ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Right now I'm leaning toward extreme youth and potential:

Kuminga and Sengun

Mostly because I don't really love any of the prospects, so go for upside and pray. I'm having a hard time talking myself into Barnes at all. I still just don't see it.

• Upvote 1

My prediction if we don’t make a trade is Suggs at 5 and Kuminga at 8.

I think Barnes winds up going 4th, maybe even 3rd. If Cleveland picks Barnes 3rd though we better blow up Toronto’s phone to see what it’d cost to get whichever of Mobley/Green that fell.

24 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think Barnes winds up going 4th, maybe even 3rd. If Cleveland picks Barnes 3rd though we better blow up Toronto’s phone to see what it’d cost to get whichever of Mobley/Green that fell.

I would be so happy if you are correct.  Speak it into existence!

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I want Green so bad that if I was in charge I would probably way overpay. I think he will be a superstar and the best from this draft.

So Fultz has a story on IG with nothing but a black screen and two fingers saying peace...Annd has deleted pics of him in a Magic uniform leaving only one with his son on his bday.

Do we got a stew or nah?

13 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

So Fultz has a story on IG with nothing but a black screen and two fingers saying peace...Annd has deleted pics of him in a Magic uniform leaving only one with his son on his bday.

Do we got a stew or nah?

I dunno, it also says RIP Mother which I’m not sure is new to his page or not. I know Kelle’s Mom is his biggest fan and best friend and really really hope it’s not something like that. Prayers up for whatever he’s going through 

5 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I dunno, it also says RIP Mother which I’m not sure is new to his page or not. I know Kelle’s Mom is his biggest fan and best friend and really really hope it’s not something like that. Prayers up for whatever he’s going through 

That’s been up there. Think it means his grandma. Hour ago I went and looked and saw the peace sign. Magic content and photos of him last season in game were there. Hour later they are all gone. Only one is a photo of his son now. 

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

That was up there. Hour ago I went and looked and saw the peace sign. Magic content and photos of him last season in game. Hour later they are gone including Magic related content. Only one is a photo of his son now. 

Interesting. Guess it’s time to stay tuned. I’d be really curious what a deal for him, off an ACL and a brand new contract would look like. He has far more value to us than he would have to any other team at the moment in my opinion