CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

Just now, Jason Funderburker said:

The energy, the activity, the havoc caused on both ends. How good he will be idk, but it was easy to see he was better than the rest of the players on the team

I see what you are saying with energy and activity.  I just did not see special.  And at 5 I need potential to be that dude.

9 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

So Espn just now with Woj etc 

Had us at 5 picking Scottie Barnes 

At 8 had us picking Josh Giddey

Any draft we end up with Giddey is a W for me :') 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Any draft we end up with Giddey is a W for me :') 

Would not be mad with Giddey at 8.  This week is definitely going to be interesting and I am hoping eventful!

Right now I'm leaning toward extreme youth and potential:

Kuminga and Sengun

Mostly because I don't really love any of the prospects, so go for upside and pray. I'm having a hard time talking myself into Barnes at all. I still just don't see it.

New Givony mock has us taking: 

#5 Barnes

#8 Moody

#33 JT Thor

Wouldn't be a terrible draft. Still not sold on Barnes but everyone seems to think we're taking him.

51 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Right now I'm leaning toward extreme youth and potential:

Kuminga and Sengun

Mostly because I don't really love any of the prospects, so go for upside and pray. I'm having a hard time talking myself into Barnes at all. I still just don't see it.

I would not be shocked at a Kuminga and Sengun draft.  I feel you on Barnes.  This is a clean slate with a new coach and now WeltHam being freed to make their impression on this franchise.

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

New Givony mock has us taking: 

#5 Barnes

#8 Moody

#33 JT Thor

Wouldn't be a terrible draft. Still not sold on Barnes but everyone seems to think we're taking him.

Horrible draft!  You know it is bad when you are most excited about JT Thor!  

Watching that Sengen video has me thinking we need to trade Bamba for whatever we can get for him and grab this dude at 8 if he's still there. This is the time for us to grab a few players that can already play and develop them with our other young ones. I would love to have Green at all costs but Kuminga and Sengren wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. The main thing I'm praying for is that we don't draft guys that can't shoot!

3 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Watching that Sengen video ahs me thinking we need to trade Bamba for whatever we can get for him and grab this dude at 8 if he's still there. This is the time for us to grab a few players that can already play and develop them with our other young ones. I would love to have Green at all costs but Kuminga and Sengren wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. The main thing I'm praying for is that we don't draft guys that can't shoot!

If we walked away next Thursday with Kuminga and Sengun I would really be excited!     If it is Barnes and Moody I would question this front office.  

Just making sure y’all have kept the video running on Sengun after the defensive clips are shown?

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

Just making sure y’all have kept the video running on Sengun after the defensive clips are shown?

Oh yeah aren't you going to wear his shirt at work even though you work from home?  Lol

8 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

Oh yeah aren't you going to wear his shirt at work even though you work from home?  Lol

Ha, I wish I worked from home! Call my boss for me and help me make that happen