CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

2 hours ago, og magic fan said:

Have not followed much of Sengun but from what I have seen his footwork is exceptional!  Would not be shocked if we pick him at 8.

You are right (I agree), there are some vibes that the FO wants to bring this 18 year old kid to Orlando.

At 18, he was the MVP in the Turkey League, 3rd best league in the world. Can play PF and C. He is a machine....high motor player !!!

Could happen with pick # 8 and or trading for example a T Ross (will miss him) to get another pick.

There are some vibes also that Ziaire is in the FO radar.

16 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Believe it (hopefully), this FO is trying to build a dynasty.  WOW, WOW, WOW !!!

I hope they are very aggressive.  That is what wins in sports these days!  Playing it safe leads to your ceiling being a habitual 8th seed or play in tournament!

33 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

You are right (I agree), there are some vibes that the FO wants to bring this 18 year old kid to Orlando.

At 18, he was the MVP in the Turkey League, 3rd best league in the world. Can play PF and C. He is a machine....high motor player !!!

Could happen with pick # 8 and or trading for example a T Ross (will miss him) to get another pick.

There are some vibes also that Ziaire is in the FO radar.

And this FO knows about steals.....Chuma with # 16 and Cole with # 15 !!!!!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Correct.  I hope this draft goes well and we are bold to bring in a lot more talent.  I can't remember a time recently when I have been more excited about a Magic season!  Not counting who we bring in I am excited to watch the growth of Chuma, Hampton especially, Anthony, and eventually when Isaac and Fultz come back!

1 hour ago, og magic fan said:

Oh absolutely he is a role player in the NBA.  But his spot is safe because my most annoying player in Magic history is......  wait for it........Pat Garrity! 

I would make it a toss up between Hezonja and Payton with Bamba still in the running.  We probably should start a thread on this :)

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Believe it (hopefully), this FO is trying to build a dynasty.  WOW, WOW, WOW !!!

Every FO is trying to build a dynasty.  What matters is whether they succeed

30 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Why are those steals?   They might turn out to be steals in the future but we are not there yet.  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

Correct.  I hope this draft goes well and we are bold to bring in a lot more talent.  I can't remember a time recently when I have been more excited about a Magic season!  Not counting who we bring in I am excited to watch the growth of Chuma, Hampton especially, Anthony, and eventually when Isaac and Fultz come back!

You are very likely to be disappointed but kudos to you for optimism. 

41 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I would make it a toss up between Hezonja and Payton with Bamba still in the running.  We probably should start a thread on this :)

Hezonja is definitely in the running!  I wanted so bad for that guy to be good!  I think we all were. 

12 hours ago, og magic fan said:

Really?  What exactly did you see that "popped"?  

The energy, the activity, the havoc caused on both ends. How good he will be idk, but it was easy to see he was better than the rest of the players on the team