CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

Cam Thomas LSU looks to me to be the best SCORER in the draft for me.

Could be generational talent. No joke 

ELITE!!

Bit smail i guess but if he was 6 6 etc he would be a surefire top 10 pick

At 8 i would consider him

Apparently Brad Beal is about to ask forn a trade very soon. We are definitely 1 of them teams who could give them a package they would like.

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Cam Thomas LSU looks to me to be the best SCORER in the draft for me.

Could be generational talent. No joke 

ELITE!!

Bit smail i guess but if he was 6 6 etc he would be a surefire top 10 pick

At 8 i would consider him

He doesn't do anything else. He can't pass. His defense isn't good. He doesn't rebound, block shots or get steals and he settles for jumpshots far too often for me. He's also not overly long or athletic. Think he could be a Terrence Ross level scorer but he'd have to improve dramatically in a lot of (non jump shot related) areas to be a star in the league in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Apparently Brad Beal is about to ask forn a trade very soon. We are definitely 1 of them teams who could give them a package they would like.

Anything is possible. However a big thing with Beal is he is basically a free agent after next season. Player option. A team would have to be sure he is staying to give up a haul. So yes, if Washington was willing to accept a renters deal maybe. If they actually get a huge deal from a team like the Magic, why would he want to be here? There are other teams that could give back players and picks without wrecking the team. Golden State being the obvious one, but there are a few more. 

Plus he has to know what happened to Melo in this situation. 

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Why would it be a decade? We could draft one in 2022? This draft isn't our only opportunity of the rebuild.

I totally agree with you that this will be a multiple draft process.  That is exactly my reply to folks that think we have to get shooters in this draft.   But if you have 2 picks in the top ten I would hope you draft someone with the upside of being a shot creator and high upside.  

20 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

I totally agree with you that this will be a multiple draft process.  That is exactly my reply to folks that think we have to get shooters in this draft.   But if you have 2 picks in the top ten I would hope you draft someone with the upside of being a shot creator and high upside.  

I agree.  I’m tired of always waiting until next year to draft a shooter.  

7 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

Wow Fournier worked team USA!  Still top 5 most annoying players in Magic history though.   

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to it, Fournier‘s game is built for international play, he’s not gonna become a star in the NBA. I do agree with you though, he’s one of the most frustrating players to ever don a Magic jersey.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to it, Fournier‘s game is built for international play, he’s not gonna become a star in the NBA. I do agree with you though, he’s one of the most frustrating players to ever don a Magic jersey.

Oh absolutely he is a role player in the NBA.  But his spot is safe because my most annoying player in Magic history is......  wait for it........Pat Garrity!