CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

FO just made 3 trades, 3 starters are gone.....if they do what you think, that Harris, Ross, or MCW won't be with the team next year, it means 3 more trades.

I can see maybe one but not all 3. If it happens, I will say....didn't see that one coming.

I hear you. My point is I believe our roster is going to remain very fluid over the next 12 months. And, yes, I expect several more trades in that timeframe.

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

The more I reflect on our interest in moving to 3, the more I believe the target is Mobley. Just think about the WeltHam interest in length and switchability, and think about the dominance of Giannis, Jokic and Embiid this year. Mobley is viewed as a unicorn prospect, and he’d easily be the number 1 pick if it weren’t for Cade. I could be completely wrong here but I thought I’d put it out there.

I think Mobley is as good a prospect as Green and I'd be delighted to have him. Isaac + Mobley could be the best defense in the NBA.

Even when the game is going small, Mobley has an argument to be the top pick. His basic premise is that he can do most of the things perimeter guys can, but he’s the size of a center. You can make an argument that Mobley is better at self-created shots inside the 3-point line than Cunningham is, and is also better at defending the perimeter. We call Mobley a “big” and Cunningham a “wing,” but other than Cunningham’s shooting, Mobley is better at most of the wing stuff, too.”

https://theathletic.com/2700529/2021/07/14/hollingers-top-70-players-for-the-2021-nba-draft-cade-no-1-and-why-alperen-sengun-deserves-more-hype/

Edit: Want to have some fun? Go compare Chris Bosh’s freshman numbers to those of Mobley.

If this front office believes Mobley can be a franchise changing player then they should do whatever it takes to try and get him.  NBA superstars are like NFL franchise QB's,  no price within reason is too high to acquire them.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I hear you. My point is I believe our roster is going to remain very fluid over the next 12 months. And, yes, I expect several more trades in that timeframe.

I agree with you 100% here. Don’t get too tied to anyone on the team right now, they’re all in some way on the block. If you’re looking to buy a jersey the only acceptable answers are wait, Penny, or T-Mac. For those more hardcore fans that are willing to customize Darrell, Hedo, Jameer, Nick and Sweet Lew are also acceptable answers.

18 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I’m still traumatized by Mario not panning out so I’m not letting myself get too hyped about this thing

Can't win em all. But yeah, I am trying my best to keep an open mind. We all probably have tons of examples of players we liked flaming out and players we disliked being good.

This year I'm restricting myself to only one guy that I will negatively freak out about (Sengun). And even in that case I'll probably talk myself into it within 48 hours.

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Can't win em all. But yeah, I am trying my best to keep an open mind. We all probably have tons of examples of players we liked flaming out and players we disliked being good.

This year I'm restricting myself to only one guy that I will negatively freak out about (Sengun). And even in that case I'll probably talk myself into it within 48 hours.

I’d like to trade up and get one of the consensus top 3, if at all possible, because Mobley might be a unicorn.

Ryen Russillo also loves Bouknight and I trust his judgment. Would be happy with him if we stay at 5 and 8.

34 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I’d like to trade up and get one of the consensus top 3, if at all possible, because Mobley might be a unicorn.

Ryen Russillo also loves Bouknight and I trust his judgment. Would be happy with him if we stay at 5 and 8.

I don't think Russillo has ever shown to be knowledgeable about the draft. He and Simmons were both low on Lamelo last year IIRC when all the draft people I trust had him clear #1. 

My first choice is moving up to 3 to get Green/Mobley.  If not, I like Suggs, Barnes, Kuminga @ 5, in that order. Then 8 is tough b/c it kinda depends what we do at 5, but probably Moody, Bouknight, Giddey, or Ziaire -- and the latter 2 might be gettable with a trade back.

I do find it kind of interesting that Ziaire is the only guy (at least that we know of) who was brought back for a 2nd workout.

I can only get excited about Kuminga for 3 reasons. 

Number one he does have a freakish body, if he develops a shot, sky's the limit. 

Number two, i don't think he will have the pressure our last rebuild had. 

Number three, he should have better support then Aaron and Oladipo had during the same time frame.

Ziaire is either a smokescreen or a contingency plan if we get Suggs at 5. I think Hammond really meant what he said about team fit and we have needed a true small forward for years.

That's either Kuminga,Wagner or Ziaire. The other forwards will probably grow into true power forward size. Add front office faith in Chuma and Isaac and i can see why they are looking hard at him. Moody seems to fit the mold as a guard/forward but they might be shooting for the moon at both the 5 and 8 spots. After all we have Moody type players on the team already.

56 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I can only get excited about Kuminga for 3 reasons. 

Number one he does have a freakish body, if he develops a shot, sky's the limit. 

Number two, i don't think he will have the pressure our last rebuild had. 

Number three, he should have better support then Aaron and Oladipo had during the same time frame.

Ziaire is either a smokescreen or a contingency plan if we get Suggs at 5. I think Hammond really meant what he said about team fit and we have needed a true small forward for years.

That's either Kuminga,Wagner or Ziaire. The other forwards will probably grow into true power forward size. Add front office faith in Chuma and Isaac and i can see why they are looking hard at him. Moody seems to fit the mold as a guard/forward but they might be shooting for the moon at both the 5 and 8 spots. After all we have Moody type players on the team already.

I can see in 3 to 4 years people will wonder why they did not pay more attention to the fact Kuminga played in the G League as a HS Senior!  We hired Mosley for his communication and player development skills.  So let him mold this 18 yo kid with all the gifts in the world!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1