CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

4 hours ago, ML6 said:

Based solely on his measurements? Guess Bamba MVPs are incoming then!

Of course we know there is more than "the tape measure"....there are analytics, etc, etc. But there are players that have something or do something that you believe is special.

Take, Steph's shooting at anytime in his career before the NBA...."only thing you needed are your eyes to watch him shoot", plus yes, analytics, etc.

Other times, what you need is to have the 1st overall pick and have a Shaq or LeBron to select from.

This year, who caught a lot of our attention? Keon Johnson, breaking the vertical jump record....so even if we don't pick him, we will be watching him to see if he becomes a special player.

I posted a video of Bamba recently.......if he has the will and develops a game in the paint area and dominates games.....we win the majority of those games and he will be recognized for it.

So this is interesting…

John Hollinger has Barnes 3 on his board.

”I’m really surprised Barnes isn’t getting more buzz. He could easily end up as the best player in this draft and has a case for being the top pick…

Again, the search for big wings comes first at the NBA level, and everything else comes later — and the playoffs are showing why. Barnes has weaknesses, and we’ll get to them in a minute, but there is early Spurs-era Kawhi Leonard upside here as well.”

Then he has Sengun 4 on his board and calls him “the pearl” of a strong international class.

https://theathletic.com/2700529/2021/07/14/hollingers-top-70-players-for-the-2021-nba-draft-cade-no-1-and-why-alperen-sengun-deserves-more-hype/

15 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

So this is interesting…

”I’m really surprised Barnes isn’t getting more buzz. He could easily end up as the best player in this draft and has a case for being the top pick…

Again, the search for big wings comes first at the NBA level, and everything else comes later — and the playoffs are showing why. Barnes has weaknesses, and we’ll get to them in a minute, but there is early Spurs-era Kawhi Leonard upside here as well.”

Then he has Sengun 4 on his board and calls him “the pearl” of a strong international class.

https://theathletic.com/2700529/2021/07/14/hollingers-top-70-players-for-the-2021-nba-draft-cade-no-1-and-why-alperen-sengun-deserves-more-hype/

To get to the pearl, do we need to draft an oyster?

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

To get to the pearl, do we need to draft an oyster?

Ha! Hollinger makes a compelling case for Sengun. Comps him to Kevin Love. While that sounds like an interesting player, I’m not sure that’s a WeltHam player.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

So this is interesting…

Someone always disrupts the draft...we will probably see it again next week.

This is a heavy talent draft.....FO has to map all kind of scenarios.

I hope Barnes is there when we use pick # 5. 

"The Magic appeared to host a private workout with Sengun on Wednesday after he posted a photo to his Instagram story from their practice facility. He has also worked out with other lottery teams, such as the Charlotte Hornets and San Antonio Spurs among others."

.....and Keon Johnson on Friday.

46 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Who does he have us taking at 5 & 8?

I don’t see a mock from Hollinger but two other Athletic guys have:

5 - Barnes, 8 - Sengun

5 - Barnes, 8- K. Johnson

Run from it, destiny arrives all the same. We are drafting long boy's. If anyone has a short wingspan, they might as well not work out for Orlando.

Luckily we already have Cole.Fultz,RJ. I think all 3 are more talented then Mario,Elfrid and hopefully more healthy then Oladipo. This will be the difference from last time. If they can just hit on one guy from 5,8 or next years pick we are cooking.

57 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Run from it, destiny arrives all the same. We are drafting long boy's. If anyone has a short wingspan, they might as well not work out for Orlando.

Luckily we already have Cole.Fultz,RJ. I think all 3 are more talented then Mario,Elfrid and hopefully more healthy then Oladipo. This will be the difference from last time. If they can just hit on one guy from 5,8 or next years pick we are cooking.

Got the stew cookin’