CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

7 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Absolutely love the pick at #33 (including the nickname).  This may be one year we get a solid contributor with our second round pick.  Above a good draft but probably means Carter or Bamba are on the way out.

We need to develop Bamba. Of course he has to will himself to be his best.

One of the keys for the Bucks to win the championship, was Giannis length.

The Magic are loaded with lengthy players that have great potential: Bamba, JI, Chuma, Wendell, RJ and if drafted, Scottie Barnes and the #8 pick might as well be another lengthy player.

Check out Mo's length and potential in this video:

13 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m probably the outlier here, but I think I’d move 5 and 8 to move up (if possible). Then I’d look at trading back into the middle of the first round to grab a shooting wing by dangling Ross to GS or NY.

Not only move up, but as I wrote previously, even include one or both picks in a trade for a player that they really like and they've more info about (and don't want to have too much youngsters together). Basically, keep all the options open and being active.

And yes, I would keep Ross only if the coach is able to revert him at his old attitude (good defender able to break out on offense in some games). His green light version doesn't help the growth of the team and it's not he right veteran guide.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m probably the outlier here, but I think I’d move 5 and 8 to move up (if possible). Then I’d look at trading back into the middle of the first round to grab a shooting wing by dangling Ross to GS or NY.

I don't think you're an outlier with this.

Count me in. If the FO with pick 8 wants to draft Giddey, count me in !!

Currently we have 6 guards (including Markelle) and 2 forwards. Assuming FO picks Barnes and Giddey, would bring the forwards to 4 which makes it a better balanced roster.

Giddey is only 18 and playing pro ball already !!! He will play in Tokyo's Summer Olympics (start tomorrow) for his native team of Australia.

Most everything out there about him is basically "great talent". Sure he has to improve this or that like every player.

Last year (Giddey was 17), Lamelo and Giddey played in the National Basketball League Australia.

Lamelo: 7.6 rebounds and 6.8 assists - Giddey: 7.4 rebounds and 7.4 assists. Giddey lead the league in assists !!!

These are amazing stats by Giddey versus Lamelo, the 2021 NBA Rookie Of The Year.

This is a copy/paste from a forum talking about Hammond from his Bucks tenure. Giannis was his star pick and he did trade for Middleton. However read this.

17 out of 19 players from Hammond’s verision of Bucks were changed from 2017 to 2021.

He drafted Giannis, he kind a by accident added Middelton in trade that was all about getting Brandon Knight. But through his whole career as GM of Bucks his rosters never made any sense nor they were ever built to compete. That’s why, after GMing for 14 years, his teams never passed first rounds ( Magic and Bucks GMing record).

If you look at structure of Bucks roster in 2016-17, last year of Hammond’s GMing there, $52 out of $96M of salary was commited to: Henson, Greg Monroe, Teletovic, Sanders and Maker. There was no shooters, no floor spacing, no guards. Matthew Dellavedova was starting PG…

Year before he tried to cream in same lineup : Giannis, MCW, Jabari, Middelton and Greg Monroe. To suprise of nobody, they were 5th worst offense.

Giannis will always pay respect to guy who drafted him, as he should .But Hammond as GM is walking mediocrity that has almost nothing to show for despite being GM for one and half decade. Among 8 lottery picks he drafed, not a single one even made it to allstar game once. and there is striking similarity between Maker, Bamba, Henson…

5 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

This is a copy/paste from a forum talking about Hammond from his Bucks tenure. Giannis was his star pick and he did trade for Middleton. However read this.

17 out of 19 players from Hammond’s verision of Bucks were changed from 2017 to 2021.

He drafted Giannis, he kind a by accident added Middelton in trade that was all about getting Brandon Knight. But through his whole career as GM of Bucks his rosters never made any sense nor they were ever built to compete. That’s why, after GMing for 14 years, his teams never passed first rounds ( Magic and Bucks GMing record).

If you look at structure of Bucks roster in 2016-17, last year of Hammond’s GMing there, $52 out of $96M of salary was commited to: Henson, Greg Monroe, Teletovic, Sanders and Maker. There was no shooters, no floor spacing, no guards. Matthew Dellavedova was starting PG…

Year before he tried to cream in same lineup : Giannis, MCW, Jabari, Middelton and Greg Monroe. To suprise of nobody, they were 5th worst offense.

Giannis will always pay respect to guy who drafted him, as he should .But Hammond as GM is walking mediocrity that has almost nothing to show for despite being GM for one and half decade. Among 8 lottery picks he drafed, not a single one even made it to allstar game once. and there is striking similarity between Maker, Bamba, Henson…

It's important to remember John Hammond is not the primary decision maker in our organisation. And any of his opinions and biases are being mixed in with Matt Lloyd's and the other assistant GMs plus a bunch of analytics before a decision is being made by Jeff Weltman. 

37 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

It's important to remember John Hammond is not the primary decision maker in our organisation. And any of his opinions and biases are being mixed in with Matt Lloyd's and the other assistant GMs plus a bunch of analytics before a decision is being made by Jeff Weltman. 

The only thing you had to bring to "Gianni's" combine / workday was a tape measure.....obviously Rob Hennigan forgot to do so.

59 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

The only thing you had to bring to "Gianni's" combine / workday was a tape measure.....obviously Rob Hennigan forgot to do so.

What is the point being made here? That we should’ve taken Giannis at #2? 

3 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Yeap !!!!

Based solely on his measurements? Guess Bamba MVPs are incoming then!