CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

57 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I would be thrilled with Mitchell at 8. Sure he's short, but he is one of those very quick pesky defenders that wreaks havoc on the opposing PG and can also squirt his way to the rim through the bigs. He did a number on Suggs in the championship game. If we are not thrilled with who is available at 5 I'd trade back and grab Kispert too and another asset as well. He's probably the best shooter in the draft and not bad on D and rebounds either.

We have Cole....I don't think the FO thinks of Davion as an option.

I think Cole is like a "bulldog", he is such a competitor.

He could very well be our main PG for the next 10 years and be a key player when we win our 1st NBA Finals between 2025 - 2029.

Some teams are dumb. Roko will probably be a lotto pick next year and the Rockets couldn't promise him with their picks in the 20s? 

4 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I was high on Davion until I saw his measurements. Dude is small.

Donovan Mitchell is 6’1”. 
Davion Mitchell is 6’0”.

this is literally the same arguments people made for why Donovan Mitchel dropped in the draft and those people have been proved wrong. 

why wouldn’t they be wrong again? 

(Note: I don’t absolutely love Davion, but I don’t understand why we think Cole is that much better to warrant not picking him)

14 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Have we drafted a Jalen yet? Asking for a friend :)

Great question! I love Chuma, I pray to keep that kid, but this question gets directly to the point of direction, identity and purpose! We need just one Alpha dog!!

4 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Davion Mitchell is 6’0”.

this is literally the same arguments people made for why Donovan Mitchel dropped in the draft and those people have been proved wrong. 

(Note: I don’t absolutely love Davion, but I don’t understand why we think Cole is that much better to warrant not picking him)

I hear you. I like a lot about him. Still the height and short wingspan (6’4’’ wingspan vs 6’10” of Donovan), as well as the poor free throw percentage, is concerning.

10 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Davion Mitchell is 6’0”.

Donovan was also 6'1 with a 6'10 wingspan and 20 years old when he was drafted. 

Davion (who's no relation and in my opinion we wouldn't be having this conversation if they had different last names) is 6'0 with a 6'4 wingspan and he's 23. He's also probably less explosive he only dunked the ball twice all last season. And he's a career 66% FT shooter. 

I don't know for certain that Cole is better than Davion but he is younger with more pro experience. Cole's age 23 year will be his 4th year in the league. 

Sengun and Kuminga have both been in Orlando on recent Instagram posts. Kuminga has been based in Orlando since the G League bubble I think so that doesn't necessarily mean he's worked out for the Magic (although he probably has or will). 

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Donovan was also 6'1 with a 6'10 wingspan and 20 years old when he was drafted. 

Davion (who's no relation and in my opinion we wouldn't be having this conversation if they had different last names) is 6'0 with a 6'4 wingspan and he's 23. He's also probably less explosive he only dunked the ball twice all last season. And he's a career 66% FT shooter. 

I don't know for certain that Cole is better than Davion but he is younger with more pro experience. Cole's age 23 year will be his 4th year in the league. 

Welp, here I was thinking they were brothers and that Donovan was mentoring him in some way like Steph mentored Seth. 

Count me as someone who now isn’t as interested in Davion. Lol.