CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

10 hours ago, chosen12 said:

I would hate to lose Chuma, but I would do that deal with Detroit. My question is, would we be better served trading the 5th pick and a player for Green? We need scoring. 

I think chuma is going to be a stud. Please he fills a area of weakness (shooting). He is a much better scorer than people know as well. I would rather keep the 5th and 8th in the draft. People are saying this is one of the deepest draft in history so we will see. 

I do think if we trade, it would be one of our 3 point guards. I dont want to lose cole either.

4 minutes ago, LaVar said:

I think chuma is going to be a stud. Please he fills a area of weakness (shooting). He is a much better scorer than people know as well. I would rather keep the 5th and 8th in the draft. People are saying this is one of the deepest draft in history so we will see. 

I do think if we trade, it would be one of our 3 point guards. I dont want to lose cole either.

I agree 100% with this LaVar's take. Chuma has the potential to be a star !!!  Keeper.

And Cole with his fierce competitive style of play ( I can go on)....any parallels to Chris Paul? I see something.

Jalen Green < Okeke, (Kuminga/Barnes), and (Mose Moody/Keon Johnson/Jalen Johnson)

Their is a chance that their is an allstar amongst the group we already have access too. 

I am high on moody.

12 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

There are quite a few that can already shoot but we'd have to reach and not follow the sportswriters' opinions on who we should pick. I like reaching for Kispert at 8, not sure about 5 yet, leaning towards reaching for Mitchell. He can create, shoot, pass, and made Suggs' game really tough in the championship game. Kispert may be the best shooter in the draft and we need shooting badly!

I would puke all over myself and then become a Heat fan if we drafted Mitchell at #5 and Kispert at #8

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

There are quite a few that can already shoot but we'd have to reach and not follow the sportswriters' opinions on who we should pick. I like reaching for Kispert at 8, not sure about 5 yet, leaning towards reaching for Mitchell. He can create, shoot, pass, and made Suggs' game really tough in the championship game. Kispert may be the best shooter in the draft and we need shooting badly!

Not to pile on but this is the worst outcome possible, aside from like Luka Garza + Sengun (who, I should reiterate, will be out of the league in 5 years MARK MY WORDS).

5 hours ago, LaVar said:

100% Agree on keeping Chuma and what he brings.  I hope we give him a chance.  Same for Hampton especially if he is 6'7".  Same for Anthony.  I hope we give all our players the opportunity to improve under Moseley.  How many times have we traded away players who got better elsewhere.  Clifford was not going to develop our young guys.  God knows who are the best two at 5 and 8, I just hope we get it right.  I have been a fan of Barnes over Kuminga at 5 but he will probably not be there.  We need shooters and 8 is too high for Kispert but not Bouknight (two best shooters it seems but I heard he is now rising.  If we stay at 5 and 8 Barnes and Bouknight would be my picks.  I love Ross and his game but if we pick at 5 and 8 I am talking to all teams after 8 about him.  I am talking to the Warriors if they do not make a big trade (7 and 14 and Wiseman for a "star" type player) for what it would take to get #7. (We probably do not have the assets.  I love the depth of our roster of young players.  They will all have value after this next season for future trades if they do not fit.  I am even llokng forward to pick 33 where we may pick up a contributor with the right pick.  If we keep Ross I like our second team.

2 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

100% Agree on keeping Chuma and what he brings.  I hope we give him a chance.  Same for Hampton especially if he is 6'7".  Same for Anthony.  I hope we give all our players the opportunity to improve under Moseley.  How many times have we traded away players who got better elsewhere.  Clifford was not going to develop our young guys.  God knows who are the best two at 5 and 8, I just hope we get it right.  I have been a fan of Barnes over Kuminga at 5 but he will probably not be there.  We need shooters and 8 is too high for Kispert but not Bouknight (two best shooters it seems but I heard he is now rising.  If we stay at 5 and 8 Barnes and Bouknight would be my picks.  I love Ross and his game but if we pick at 5 and 8 I am talking to all teams after 8 about him.  I am talking to the Warriors if they do not make a big trade (7 and 14 and Wiseman for a "star" type player) for what it would take to get #7. (We probably do not have the assets.  I love the depth of our roster of young players.  They will all have value after this next season for future trades if they do not fit.  I am even llokng forward to pick 33 where we may pick up a contributor with the right pick.  If we keep Ross I like our second team.

All young players seem like they have unlimited potential.  I remember some of the very same sentiments 7-8 years ago when Gordon and Fourier and Harris were young.  Players got better elsewhere after leaving the Magic because they had better teams to play with, and sometimes better coaching. 

You cannot fall into the trap of not making moves to better the team because of fear that one or another player that you trade away will become a star.  That is a recipe for stagnation.  There is no reason to believe that the current group of young players (excluding our draft picks, since we don’t know who they will be) will amount to something great or even good.  All options need to be on the table if something good presents itself. 

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, JJZFL said:

All young players seem like they have unlimited potential.  I remember some of the very same sentiments 7-8 years ago when Gordon and Fourier and Harris were young.  Players got better elsewhere after leaving the Magic because they had better teams to play with, and sometimes better coaching. 

You cannot fall into the trap of not making moves to better the team because of fear that one or another player that you trade away will become a star.  That is a recipe for stagnation.  There is no reason to believe that the current group of young players (excluding our draft picks, since we don’t know who they will be) will amount to something great or even good.  All options need to be on the table if something good presents itself. 

Big +1
I was meaning to write the same yesterday, but I wouldn't be able to detail as well.