CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

It seems like almost every draft in basketball and football there is one prospect who gets overhyped "Barnes" and a prospect that people try to talk themselves out of "Kuminga".  Just be careful with these pre-draft narratives.  If we do take Barnes which is in no way a forgone conclusion we have to find a way to get Bouknight at 8 or trade up for him.  If you have 2 picks in the top 10 you should at least come away with one high level shot creator.  

On 7/14/2021 at 12:46 PM, Franchise408 said:

There are 0 examples to support tanking. I just laid out, in detail, with facts from over 40 years worth of NBA history, how tanking doesn't work and never has.

Seriously dude?  The Spurs tanked for Duncan.  The Cavs tanked for Lebron.  Even the ultra tanking Sixers have been a contending (if flawed) team for several years now.  

On 7/14/2021 at 12:46 PM, Franchise408 said:

So many of the examples of teams who have bounced back through the draft are inaccurate examples of "tanking" because it wasn't done with intent - it was part of the natural course of sports (i.e. when the Magic got Shaq or Dwight)

You are capable of peering into the souls of front office execs to divine their true motives?  More likely you've manufactured an arbitrary definition of what "tanking" is to fit your preferred narrative.  

It's unclear what the Magic did this year was tanking at all, by your definition.  They didn't trade Vucevic to deliberately lose games, they traded him because the Bulls offered assets greater than the future value of Vucevic in exchange.  That sound like rebuilding, no?  

11 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Barnes reminder. 27% from 3. 62% ft. pct. and averaged 10, 4, 4. In one year of college. 

I think I just threw up in my mouth, thinking about the Magic drafting him number 5. 

I hear you. Believe it or not, Kuminga is worse. 38FG%, 24-3PT%, 62FT%.

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

I hear you. Believe it or not, Kuminga is worse. 38FG%, 24-3PT%, 62FT%.

Except that Kuminga was basically a high school senior playing against older players.  He was the talk of the G-league even over Green in the beginning but injuries made him tail off at the end.  

I'll say it again. We need to draft at least 2 guys that can ALREADY shoot, even if we have to reach.

Let's skip the hopefully maybe we can teach them how to shoot projects this time around, and also stay away from the skinny gonna miss half of every season with injuries guys!

7 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I'll say it again. We need to draft at least 2 guys that can ALREADY shoot, even if we have to reach.

Let's skip the hopefully maybe we can teach them how to shoot projects this time around, and also stay away from the skinny gonna miss half of every season with injuries guys!

Who?  at 5 and 8.  There are no perfect prospects and even when you think there are half of them bust.

3 hours ago, og magic fan said:

Except that Kuminga was basically a high school senior playing against older players.  He was the talk of the G-league even over Green in the beginning but injuries made him tail off at the end.  

He never had any injuries that I'm aware of. He was just bad. 

16 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

He never had any injuries that I'm aware of. He was just bad. 

You obviously did not pay attention to the G League season.  If you have google it takes 1 minute.  

Moses Moody draft profile:  Long, decent defender,  and okay shooter  43% from the field and 36% from 3 in college.   Below average athlete with no first step and shot creation.  Upside is a role player at best.  Should not be drafted in the lottery.