CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

20 minutes ago, Nwhermit said:

Is it bad that I want us to draft Barnes and Sengun? 

No, I think there’s an argument for both players at those spots. I’d probably rather take Kuminga/Moody or Kuminga/Bouknight, but what you’re suggesting isn’t unreasonable at all lol. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2945825-nba-draft-big-board-updated-top-60-prospects.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Wasserman the first mainstream guy I've seen with Springer top 10. By draft day my Springer views might be vindicated!

Also here's a concerning paragraph on Kuminga from this link:

"While Kuminga falling to No. 7 is more about the rise of our new No. 5 prospect, the intel on Kuminga hasn't been totally assuring. Teams have questions about his effort, professionalism and chances of maximizing his potential."

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2945825-nba-draft-big-board-updated-top-60-prospects.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Wasserman the first mainstream guy I've seen with Springer top 10. By draft day my Springer views might be vindicated!

Bones at 33 will be my favourite pick more than 5 or 8.. 

14 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Bones at 33 will be my favourite pick more than 5 or 8.. 

This Big Board article has Shooting Guards Bouknight @13, Moody @ 14 and Keon Johnson @15.....WOW !!!!   And then it has Cameron Thomas (SG) @ 12, higher than these 3 guys.

My guess is with our # 8, FO is picking one of them (not Cameron), but this article just threw me curveball.......

10 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

I agree with that, but are we sure that Vuc&Evan were setting good habits in the past?
My sensation it's that they didn't.
So, I've gladly accepted that half season "tank", there were no other ways considering the situation we were into, and I hope that we are immediately try to win next season, and that we could add a couple of good veterans (I've read an interesting Lowe article on Crowder recently talking about that) and have good habits in the games and in the trainings too.

If coach/management believe we have too many youngsters, I wouldn't be against trading one pick or one of the players already in the roster for a more established player that fits into the plan.

Reasonable.  I don’t necessarily agree with the half season tank part but no point in rehashing it, it’s water under the bridge at this point, and I understand your point of view.  Everything else I agree with.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

If for reason X, Suggs is drafted....the Front Office will be flooded with questions regarding what you just said...."how does Suggs fits" 

These questions, however, could be answered on draft night if we trade Cole or Markelle. I doubt anybody wants Markelle as he is in re-hab and I think most everybody is super high on Cole's overall (leadership) skills....and want to see more.

I doubt we draft Suggs....but if we draft him, I think he is the one traded. Probably him for 2 or 3 players or picks to us.

This is a super interesting draft for us.....many things can happen or maybe not. We can only watch.

I’m not sure I understand why taking Suggs at 5 in this stage of the rebuild means anything at all for the guard group in general. I heard skepticism about taking Suggs at 5 on a podcast this week and I don’t understand it.

We don’t know anything about the long-term feasibility of Markelle, Cole, or RJ at this point. Kelle is coming back from a major injury, Cole could peak as a microwave guy, and RJ has an immense spectrum of outcomes. We are not even close to a point of passing on talent simply because we have other guys who play guard.

If Suggs falls to 5, you draft him and evaluate the players over the coming years to decide who gets extended and who doesn’t. 

• Upvote 3

If Alperen Sengun is still in the NBA in 5 years I’ll wear his jersey to work for a month straight 

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

If Alperen Sengun is still in the NBA in 5 years I’ll wear his jersey to work for a month straight 

Hahaha