CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

3 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Well, there could also be a narrative that he was playing them because there were no other options due to injuries.
Seasons before, Isaac didn't played a lot even if healthy, Fultz was DJ reserve, and the young guys weren't going to crack the rotations.
But there was always space for 40 minutes of Fournier, even in games he was playing dreadfully! :P

Isaac has been a starter, Fultz was a starter once he was healthy. Fultz was only DJ's reserve because he was just coming off of a long injury and wasn't physically ready to be thrust into a starting load.

If the top 4 go:

1)Cade

2)Green

3)Mobley 

4)Barnes 

Do you draft Suggs at 5?  If so then say 6 and 7 go 

6) kuminga 

7) Johnson 

Do you draft Moody and or Bouknight at 8? 

If we draft Suggs and either Moody/Bouknight how do fit them in with our current roster? 

I’m trying to imagine a rotation with Cole, Fultz, RJ, Ross, MCW, Gary Harris, Suggs and a rook SG. 

I personally feel a trade would be required to make it work in this hypothetical scenario. 

What are your thoughts as this isn’t out of the realm of possibilities. 

3 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

If the top 4 go:

1)Cade

2)Green

3)Mobley 

4)Barnes 

Do you draft Suggs at 5?  If so then say 6 and 7 go 

6) kuminga 

7) Johnson 

Do you draft Moody and or Bouknight at 8? 

If we draft Suggs and either Moody/Bouknight how do fit them in with our current roster? 

I’m trying to imagine a rotation with Cole, Fultz, RJ, Ross, MCW, Gary Harris, Suggs and a rook SG. 

I personally feel a trade would be required to make it work in this hypothetical scenario. 

What are your thoughts as this isn’t out of the realm of possibilities. 

You absolutely take Suggs. I would then take Bouknight

31 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

You absolutely take Suggs. I would then take Bouknight

I would do the same thing, but the question then becomes how do you fit them in with our current players? 

what would our rotation look like? 

Here is player's coach / coach's player Jamahl working with Mo.

Something Cliff probably never did....

Mo has to be super motivated.

We need him to play well in the paint area (a la Dwight) to open the court to his "shooters"

Plus if he gets stronger....who guards him with that length?

It's going to be interesting is he beats Wendell for the starting position.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MagicFanDan said:

I would do the same thing, but the question then becomes how do you fit them in with our current players? 

what would our rotation look like? 

My answer is who cares. None of the players we have are good enough atm to worry about it

47 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

My answer is who cares. None of the players we have are good enough atm to worry about it

We differ in opinions here. I agree BPA is the correct course of action in the draft based on our current makeup, but I disagree that the rotation doesn’t matter. 

To best way for draftees or current young players to develop is for them to get as much playing time as possible. 

Which is why I believe a trade would be required if this specific scenario where to happen. 

1 hour ago, Albert Lergier said:

Here is player's coach / coach's player Jamahl working with Mo.

Something Cliff probably never did....

Mo has to be super motivated.

We need him to play well in the paint area (a la Dwight) to open the court to his "shooters"

Plus if he gets stronger....who guards him with that length?

It's going to be interesting is he beats Wendell for the starting position.

Great post, +1 from me.  I really need to listen to the whole press conference from when they introduced Mosely, but absolutely everything I’ve seen and heard so far is very positive.  Exciting even.  

1 minute ago, MagicFanDan said:

To best way for draftees or current young players to develop is for them to get as much playing time as possible. 

I’m not at all sure I agree with that part of your comment.  Many players benefit from practicing with and watching more established players early in their careers (see J J Reddick for example), rather than being thrown out there for extended minutes when they aren’t really ready and developing bad habits.  I’d even argue that may be more the rule than the exception.  

7 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I’m not at all sure I agree with that part of your comment.  Many players benefit from practicing with and watching more established players early in their careers (see J J Reddick for example), rather than being thrown out there for extended minutes when they aren’t really ready and developing bad habits.  I’d even argue that may be more the rule than the exception.  

I agree that veteran leadership is of the upmost importance. 

Our problem is we are very young in general and only getting younger (potentially adding 3 rooks).