International
18.9 rs old
24.3 pts
11.2 REB
3.5 AST
2.0 BLK
1.7 STL

Our new Vuc on a rookie contract?

They ranked him 5, but their mocked still has us taking Kuminga at 5 and him at 8 when I looked earlier. 

6 hours ago, harryfromphilly said:

so i just was looking at the tankathon bigboard

they have dropped kuminga to 7th

and cade to 3rd!!!

Tankathon don't really know anything or have sources. It's a great website for lottery odds and stuff and theres a lot of stats for prospects on there but their big board/mock draft is irrelevant. 

One of my favorites Bouknight looks like he is rising.  Apparently high 3 level shot making ability is something people value hmmm?   My dream draft was Kuminga and Bouknight but now maybe a trade with GS for 7?  Ross maybe.  GS can't afford to wait for Bouknight to develop.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Tankathon don't really know anything or have sources. It's a great website for lottery odds and stuff and theres a lot of stats for prospects on there but their big board/mock draft is irrelevant. 

hi, yes i understand    its all just random stuff at this point

i just found it interesting that even just a random site

dropped cade down

On 7/1/2021 at 12:43 PM, Franchise408 said:

Tanking doesn't work. If you go through over the past 40+ years, you will see that teams never win the championship with the player that they drafted at #1, 2, or 3

The only exceptions to the rule:

1. Hakeem, after 10 years

2. Duncan, who was drafted onto a team with David Robinson

3. Kyrie, who got paired up with LeBron

4. Jordan, after he got paired up with Scottie

So if you can pair your pick with hall of fame talent, then sure, you can win a championship. But acquiring - or already having - Hall of Fame talent, is literally the opposite of tanking, so again, no, tanking does not work.

You missed  a lot of exceptions.  Granted these picks may not have won a title with their original team, and yes you cannot win with only  one superstar, you definitely need 2 or more, but that does not diminish the value of pick 1, 2 and 3 .  Allen Iverson, Anthony Davis, Shaq,  Magic (a little over 40 years but worthy to be included), James Worthy, Deandre Ayton (probably this year)--Phoenix was a tanker,  Ralph Sampson, Mark Aquirre, and Patrick Ewing (1st round picks).  Let's put Markelle Fultz in there (just hoping).  #2 picks have not been as lucrative unless you got Kevin Durant (multiple titles),  Jason Kidd,  Alonzo Mourning, and Gary Payton.  #3 pick really good obviously due to the GOAT Michael Jordan, Pau Gasol, Al Horford, Grant Hill, Kevin Mchale and a slew of other good players.  So #1, 2, and 3 picks set up that first superstar way more than any others do.  Tanking teams in the playoffs this year--Philly, Phoenix, Dallas, Atlanta, NY Knicks, Memphis, and Wizards (Beal/Wall years). And Cleveland's tanking definitely got them titles.  In the old days you drafted to your success and titles,  Now with the "game of chance" draft (if the opportunity presents itself) you tank yourself (and hope you get lucky) to success. (where would Dallas be without Doncic) Tanking worked for Houston and Detroit (big time) this year and did not favor us (even though 5 and 8 will be good players but just think if our tanking got us Green at 3--how happy wpuld we be) or OKC (even OKC's tanking is isn the future--16 or 17 first round picks in the next 6 or so years). So, yeah tanking works, just not in every case.

6 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

You missed  a lot of exceptions.  Granted these picks may not have won a title with their original team, and yes you cannot win with only  one superstar, you definitely need 2 or more, but that does not diminish the value of pick 1, 2 and 3 .  Allen Iverson, Anthony Davis, Shaq,  Magic (a little over 40 years but worthy to be included), James Worthy, Deandre Ayton (probably this year)--Phoenix was a tanker,  Ralph Sampson, Mark Aquirre, and Patrick Ewing (1st round picks).  Let's put Markelle Fultz in there (just hoping).  #2 picks have not been as lucrative unless you got Kevin Durant (multiple titles),  Jason Kidd,  Alonzo Mourning, and Gary Payton.  #3 pick really good obviously due to the GOAT Michael Jordan, Pau Gasol, Al Horford, Grant Hill, Kevin Mchale and a slew of other good players.  So #1, 2, and 3 picks set up that first superstar way more than any others do.  Tanking teams in the playoffs this year--Philly, Phoenix, Dallas, Atlanta, NY Knicks, Memphis, and Wizards (Beal/Wall years). And Cleveland's tanking definitely got them titles.  In the old days you drafted to your success and titles,  Now with the "game of chance" draft (if the opportunity presents itself) you tank yourself (and hope you get lucky) to success. (where would Dallas be without Doncic) Tanking worked for Houston and Detroit (big time) this year and did not favor us (even though 5 and 8 will be good players but just think if our tanking got us Green at 3--how happy wpuld we be) or OKC (even OKC's tanking is isn the future--16 or 17 first round picks in the next 6 or so years). So, yeah tanking works, just not in every case.

Exactly!  Franchise likes to bend facts to fit his narrative.  

On 7/9/2021 at 4:51 PM, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Can we please step away from the long slim guys that look like they are going to break. We already have half an Isaac that many of us predicted would be injured a lot.

I have been saying that for years, we are like children, at Christmas time, I love my toys, but they are all broken before new years eve!

5 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Scottie (Pippen-LeBron) Barnes was in town today.  If he is there @ 5, pick him !!!

I like him better than Kuminga. I like Kispert better than a lot of picks at 8 as well. The boy is a great shooter and we need some. I'd be happy with Barnes & Kispert. I like Suggs if he drops but I also have reservations that he may only be as good as Sexton.

36 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I like him better than Kuminga. I like Kispert better than a lot of picks at 8 as well. The boy is a great shooter and we need some. I'd be happy with Barnes & Kispert. I like Suggs if he drops but I also have reservations that he may only be as good as Sexton.

I wouldn’t be upset with Barnes at 5, but his inability to do much of anything besides pass well in the half court (at least from what he showed at FSU,) is very concerning. Maybe better spacing in the pros will open up some driving for him, but I think it’s still worrisome. Kuminga, for all his lack of polish offensively, has a pretty advanced post game for his age, and was getting to the rim and finishing with ease against grown men in the G-League in half court sets, mostly because he is A LOT more explosive (tho also partially due to better spacing.) I’m not saying he’ll definitely be the better player, but it’s something to keep an eye on.