CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

3 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

not umming and ahhing over who may be a centrepiece and take 8 years to go back to the start?***eek, forget that**

Editing because yes, I clearly worded that incorrectly. I hope this FO actually gets a clear flight path if you will, hate the carousel. Martins meddling has been mentioned lately. I just think that whether or not it was meddling or indecision brought on by similar pressure, nothing of use toward championship aspirations was identified. No Ibaka debacles, no Aaron Gordon point forward experiments to "unlock potential", just letting guys cultivate things that they are going to be good at and if we don't arrive at a number one scoring option - don't nail everything to the floor and say "ok we've had enough time, let's run with this.. whatever it is"

Seems very reasonable 

10 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

He is in the conversation with # 8....can he improve his shot is the Q.

What do you think of Vrenz Bleijenbergh with #33? There are videos of him out there.....this pick # 33 is another important player that can be developed into a solid role player. 

I don't personally think Keon should be in the conversation with 8. 

Yea I think Vrenz is cool. Just posted about him actually before I saw your reply. 

"Teams including Cleveland, Houston, New Orleans and Oklahoma City are among those making overtures to evaluate what it would take to move up to the No. 1 slot, sources say, but those talks are at an early stage, and any trade is unlikely to be consummated until much closer to the draft, if at all."

From an ESPN Insider piece, this is Givony who says he doesn't think Cade is a lock to go #1 to Detroit which is wild.

Wasserman has published a new mock at Bleacher Report but we still have the same 4 picks:

5. Kuminga

8. Mitchell

33. Josh Christopher

Christopher at 33 would be good but otherwise I'm fairly down on this outcome for us. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

"Teams including Cleveland, Houston, New Orleans and Oklahoma City are among those making overtures to evaluate what it would take to move up to the No. 1 slot, sources say, but those talks are at an early stage, and any trade is unlikely to be consummated until much closer to the draft, if at all."

From an ESPN Insider piece, this is Givony who says he doesn't think Cade is a lock to go #1 to Detroit which is wild.

I think we can offer a better deal than any of those teams (unless New Orleans wants rid of Zion)

25 minutes ago, MagicMoses said:

I think we can offer a better deal than any of those teams (unless New Orleans wants rid of Zion)

Not sure how we can offer a better deal than Houston or Cleveland. Regardless of what other assets they have 2 or 3 is just so much better than 5. OKC we have beat with two top 10 picks but OKC also has like a million future picks to offer. New Orleans have a lot of future picks too but can't see them having enough unless they offer Ingram (they'd never offer Zion).

8 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Would love to move up. Not keeping my hopes up about it though.

I personally don't think it will happen. I think ultimately none of the top 3 have enough incentive to trade down and theres not a lot of point trading up to 4. 

We're just going to have to make the best out of 5 and 8.

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Not sure how we can offer a better deal than Houston or Cleveland. Regardless of what other assets they have 2 or 3 is just so much better than 5. OKC we have beat with two top 10 picks but OKC also has like a million future picks to offer. New Orleans have a lot of future picks too but can't see them having enough unless they offer Ingram (they'd never offer Zion).

I personally don't think it will happen. I think ultimately none of the top 3 have enough incentive to trade down and theres not a lot of point trading up to 4. 

We're just going to have to make the best out of 5 and 8.

There is going to be good talent at 5 & 8.....I think we will be a better TEAM if we make the picks. FO then can take a month or 2 assessing the market for any possible trades before training camp opens.

On 7/5/2021 at 12:33 PM, og magic fan said:

They have the #1 pick by tanking.  That was my point.   

#1 picks don't win championships.

Your attempt at a point is irrelevant to mine.

8 hours ago, Franchise408 said:

#1 picks don't win championships.

Your attempt at a point is irrelevant to mine.

We'd all like to know that prior to the trades we made what you would have done to make our team better?