CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I just reread the scouting reports for the top 12 guys. Honestly, I’m back to really wanting a top four guy. The rest have significant problem/growth areas. For the love of this franchise, I really hope WeltHam figure out a way to get one of the  top four guys (assuming they see what most of us see). Now is the time to go for it.

It takes two teams to trade though.

12 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

If we somehow don’t get one of those guys, sure, grab Kuminga or Barnes or Giddey or another guy who has tremendous upside. (But I really want one of the top four guys). 

Just read an article from Orlando Magic Daily by Phillip Rossman-Reich (wish I could post it) " ORLANDO MAGIC ALREADY ON MUSCLE WATCH "

The are a few videos and pics of Mo, MCW, Chuma and Cole. Try to find it.....Cole is the man. I'm amazed how good Cole is. We are not drafting Jalen Suggs, and if we do, he will be flipped that same night.

Our pick with # 5: Scottie (Pippen-LeBron) Barnes.

On 7/2/2021 at 5:20 AM, Albert Lergier said:

I really, really like this mock for us.....Barnes and Bouknight !!!

On 7/2/2021 at 3:20 AM, jmmagicfan said:

So ESPN re-ranked a week or so ago, and there are some interesting changes that caught my eye. Jalen Green has moved up and is now #2, Scottie Barnes has leaped up to #5, dropping Kuminga to #6. Bouknight and Giddey have risen up to #8 and #9, while Moses Moody is down at #17. Keon Johnson has actually used that vertical leap to jump over Jalen Johnson, and they are now ranked #10 and #11. 

1 Cade Cunningham
Oklahoma State
PG
2 Jalen Green
USA
SG
3 Evan Mobley
USC
C
4 Jalen Suggs
Gonzaga
SG
5 Scottie Barnes
Florida State
SF
6 Jonathan Kuminga
Congo
PF
7 Davion Mitchell
Baylor
PG
8 James Bouknight
UConn
SG
9 Josh Giddey
Australia
SG
10 Keon Johnson
Tennessee
SG
11 Jalen Johnson
Duke
SF
12 Franz Wagner
Michigan
SF
13 Corey Kispert
Gonzaga
SF
14 Alperen Sengun
Turkey
C
15 Usman Garuba
Spain
PF
16 Kai Jones
Texas
PF
17 Moses Moody
Arkansas
SG

I could see us with this draft if we miss on the top four. As an interesting factoid, Anthony and Bouknight were on the same AAU team in high school.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I could see us with this draft if we miss on the top four. As an interesting factoid, Anthony and Bouknight were on the same AAU team in high school.

And Bamba

18 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Just saw a mock that had us getting Barnes at 5 and Kuminga falling to us at 8. It would be hard not to get excited about that 

Saw the same thing:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.foxsports.com/stories/nba/jalen-green-cade-cunningham-evan-mobley-nba-mock-draft-3

I could live with this.  Use 2nd round pick and maybe trades (Harris, Ross, MCW) to get another pick.

5.  Barnes

8.  Kuminga

33.  Weiskamp

Trade:  Josh Christopher, Jericho Sims, and/or Luka Garza

27 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Just saw a mock that had us getting Barnes at 5 and Kuminga falling to us at 8. It would be hard not to get excited about that 

I can't envisage a world where Kuminga and Barnes can play together (in fact there's an argument to be made that they both play the same position) so I'm not really sold on a scenario where we get both. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

I can't envisage a world where Kuminga and Barnes can play together (in fact there's an argument to be made that they both play the same position) so I'm not really sold on a scenario where we get both. 

On the other hand, drafting multiple players who play the same position hasn’t seemed to deter this front office thus far

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I saw that also and would like that draft.  Then I realized it was by Fox Sports resident Lebron fanboy Jason McIntyre seen on the Herd.   He is a complete moron trying to get attention!

On 7/2/2021 at 5:51 PM, harley said:

Hmmm yep. I think I’m settled on Kuminga and Keon J. Bouknight looks bloody good but. 

Yep.  Right there with you.  I can't understand why other people can't see that?