CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

2 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

The Phoenix Suns are heading to....THE NBA FINALS.

I did a quick check on their 3 point shooting and can't say they got there cause of their shooting.

Sure, sure, sure they have Chris and Devin but they don't shoot a lots of 3's. They are a well balance team from coach Monty (played for the Magic) to the core players playing in the playoffs.

Sometimes though, you have to admit, that the key to a team's offensive success is the plethora of threats from multiple levels. They start 4 guys and have a couple of others off the bench who CAN shoot, and multiple guys also who can get to the basket. That doesn't mean their shooting isn't a large part of things, just that what has come up the best so far is more spread out. A couple of them have caught fire at pivotal moments I believe

7 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

The Phoenix Suns are heading to....THE NBA FINALS.

I did a quick check on their 3 point shooting and can't say they got there cause of their shooting.

Sure, sure, sure they have Chris and Devin but they don't shoot a lots of 3's. They are a well balance team from coach Monty (played for the Magic) to the core players playing in the playoffs.

The Suns have 12 guys who are capable 3 point shooters on their roster. In the regular season they had, 4 guys over 40% from 3, 5 further guys over 35% from 3 and 4 further guys hovering around 35%. They only have 1 guy who played over 400 mins who was a complete non shooter and that was Ayton. Of the 12 guys who can shoot the worst by raw 3P% is Devin Booker who shot 37% on catch and shoot 3s and happens to be an incredibly dynamic scorer. 

If there's an argument for not having a lot of shooters or valuing shooting the Phoenix Suns aren't part of it. 

16 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

The Suns have 12 guys who are capable 3 point shooters on their roster. In the regular season they had, 4 guys over 40% from 3, 5 further guys over 35% from 3 and 4 further guys hovering around 35%. They only have 1 guy who played over 400 mins who was a complete non shooter and that was Ayton. Of the 12 guys who can shoot the worst by raw 3P% is Devin Booker who shot 37% on catch and shoot 3s and happens to be an incredibly dynamic scorer. 

If there's an argument for not having a lot of shooters or valuing shooting the Phoenix Suns aren't part of it. 

And isn't Ayton shooting 70% just living at the rim this playoffs?

4 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

And isn't Ayton shooting 70% just living at the rim this playoffs?

image.png.de41f3b54e05368cecf2511f80206236.png

Answered myself, yes. That is more than sufficiently efficient for the non-shooter! And far better than Dwight was 2008-2010 :(

So ESPN re-ranked a week or so ago, and there are some interesting changes that caught my eye. Jalen Green has moved up and is now #2, Scottie Barnes has leaped up to #5, dropping Kuminga to #6. Bouknight and Giddey have risen up to #8 and #9, while Moses Moody is down at #17. Keon Johnson has actually used that vertical leap to jump over Jalen Johnson, and they are now ranked #10 and #11. 

1 Cade Cunningham
Oklahoma State
PG
2 Jalen Green
USA
SG
3 Evan Mobley
USC
C
4 Jalen Suggs
Gonzaga
SG
5 Scottie Barnes
Florida State
SF
6 Jonathan Kuminga
Congo
PF
7 Davion Mitchell
Baylor
PG
8 James Bouknight
UConn
SG
9 Josh Giddey
Australia
SG
10 Keon Johnson
Tennessee
SG
11 Jalen Johnson
Duke
SF
12 Franz Wagner
Michigan
SF
13 Corey Kispert
Gonzaga
SF
14 Alperen Sengun
Turkey
C
15 Usman Garuba
Spain
PF
16 Kai Jones
Texas
PF
17 Moses Moody
Arkansas
SG

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

So ESPN re-ranked a week or so ago, and there are some interesting changes that caught my eye. Jalen Green has moved up and is now #2, Scottie Barnes has leaped up to #5, dropping Kuminga to #6. Bouknight and Giddey have risen up to #8 and #9, while Moses Moody is down at #17. Keon Johnson has actually used that vertical leap to jump over Jalen Johnson, and they are now ranked #10 and #11. 

1 Cade Cunningham
Oklahoma State
PG
2 Jalen Green
USA
SG
3 Evan Mobley
USC
C
4 Jalen Suggs
Gonzaga
SG
5 Scottie Barnes
Florida State
SF
6 Jonathan Kuminga
Congo
PF
7 Davion Mitchell
Baylor
PG
8 James Bouknight
UConn
SG
9 Josh Giddey
Australia
SG
10 Keon Johnson
Tennessee
SG
11 Jalen Johnson
Duke
SF
12 Franz Wagner
Michigan
SF
13 Corey Kispert
Gonzaga
SF
14 Alperen Sengun
Turkey
C
15 Usman Garuba
Spain
PF
16 Kai Jones
Texas
PF
17 Moses Moody
Arkansas
SG

I really, really like this mock for us.....Barnes and Bouknight !!!

16 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

How is Bones' defense? Does he have handles?

He has handles. His defense isn't good nor is his passing. 

43 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

How is Bones' defense? Does he have handles?

Excellent handles. Has the tools to be a good defender. I think most times defence is effort