CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

2 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

The issue with Giddey is the complete lack of any athleticism. When you couple that with his height I don't see any way he's able to defend or stay ahead of NBA caliber guards and that has alarm bells ringing all over the place for me because there's a big chance he just ends up as a non shooting small forward. Being able to pass doesn't make up for that for me.

There's no doubt he's a skilled passer, good bb iq and it seems like he has great court vision so I totally get why some people like him though. I just don't think he's a top 10 player in this draft.

As a rarely-proud Australian and fan, I honestly would just be happy with Giddey making me forget how disappointing Dante Exum has turned out to be. I think he already looks a lot better but I could be wrong. I don't want to be though. I need that closure.

2 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Not sure that this tweet bodes well with any Front Office........

Yup, i agree. Barnes or Kuminga, i'm taking Barrnes.

28 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Normalize not overreacting to what an 18 year old says about his game and his critics on social media

A 18 year old being locked in as a top 5  pick in the NBA draft. No one is hating on you. They don’t know you.

4 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Not sure that this tweet bodes well with any Front Office........

It bodes well for me. It means he has a serious chip on his shoulder. And is hungry to prove people who don't believe in him wrong.

• Upvote 2

Not that difficult.  Take Kuminga at 5 and Bouknight at 8.  If not available then take Keon Johnson at 8.  Why the Moody love with Magic fans I do not get.  I should not be surprised because many people here thought in 2016 after signing Biyombo and trading for Ibaka that the Magic were going to do this twin tower thing and going to be good.    No basketball acumen at all

11 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

Not that difficult.  Take Kuminga at 5 and Bouknight at 8.  If not available then take Keon Johnson at 8.  Why the Moody love with Magic fans I do not get.  I should not be surprised because many people here thought in 2016 after signing Biyombo and trading for Ibaka that the Magic were going to do this twin tower thing and going to be good.    No basketball acumen at all

Could say the same thing about you suggesting Keon Johnson, a 2 who can’t shoot

1 hour ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Could say the same thing about you suggesting Keon Johnson, a 2 who can’t shoot

We have to somehow break the mold of drafting people that we hope will learn to shoot. There are players out there that can already put the ball in the basket and we need some of those!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Certainly the best comparison to make is to one of the best players in the entire nba

It is a very good comparison.  Donovan was not top 5 regarded so at 8 we have to find a gem.