CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

14 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Very odd. He looks like he leaps to me and you haha

He might not be explosive like Jalen Green but he’s got the hops.

I really wish we could find a way to get Keon Johnson. It’s difficult with our desperate need for offense but I love other aspects of his game.

9 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

If we can move up by not giving up 8 that be fantastic

True. We need to take as many swings as we can. Need some real game changers

21 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

If we can move up by not giving up 8 that be fantastic

I actually hope they find a way to use 8 to live up—even if it means including future picks… I think this draft has 6 players at the top that will be reminiscent of Lebron draft… 

3.  Green

5.  Kuminga 

50 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

That seems very inaccurate or maybe wrong choice of words.

It stacks up with everything I've seen of Scottie. He's fine with a head of steam towards the rim but I wouldn't call him explosive by any stretch. 

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2945346-2021-nba-draft-buzz-is-cade-cunningham-definitely-going-no-1.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Worth a read. Only thing that stands out to me for us is that sources expect Keon Johnson to go 'no higher than 8' which implies that either teams have no idea what we'll do or that they've heard we like Keon. 

53 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

It stacks up with everything I've seen of Scottie. He's fine with a head of steam towards the rim but I wouldn't call him explosive by any stretch. 

I first thought that but I saw other videos and he can get up on a snap but I do agree it’s not Green or Keon like. 

Not really concern about that though. He’s very athletic. Nothing like Keon but it’s solid enough. I like everything else he does.

Just not sold on Kuminga yet.

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

So... I think i am on the Scottie Barnes train. 

I'd be extremely happy with Barnes and Bouknight 

Scottie is a Hooper. We are getting 2 extremely talented kids in this draft i am telling you

Game changers 

Would be glad to see both Barnes and Bouknight in Orlando this coming year. I do have a good feeling ab these two picks as well, hopeful that they can make an immediate impact. 

Preference in this order.

1. Move up for Green only. Either 5 and 8 or preferably 5 and a future pick.

2. Draft one of the forwards with the most superstar potential. If we get a Kuminga or Barnes they really have to nail pick 8. Need a surefire scorer.

3. Be involved in a Multi team trade where we take back salary, as long as it's not longer then two years. For instance the possible love trade rumors.

Current leanings. Green if possible, Kuminga then Barnes. 

Second pick. Moody,Bouknight,Jalen Johnson.

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

2. Draft one of the forwards with the most superstar potential. If we get a Kuminga or Barnes they really have to nail pick 8. Need a surefire scorer.

3. Be involved in a Multi team trade where we take back salary, as long as it's not longer then two years. For instance the possible love trade rumors.

With pick # 8, a Shooting Guard !!!

Aren't we all happy that it's not going to be Fournier?  Sorry to any Fournier die hard fan.

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Or if Detroit does something dumb, like not pick Cade #1!!

32 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

With pick # 8, a Shooting Guard !!!

Aren't we all happy that it's not going to be Fournier?  Sorry to any Fournier die hard fan.

Are there any die-hard, Fournier fans? Do they really exist? Seriously, I really want Giddey with one of our picks. I think this kid is going to be the steal of this draft. I like what a Giddey/Moody pair brings to this team.