CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

23 hours ago, O_SteveO said:

I still really like Moody, but the last few days I’ve been quietly warming up to him. I’d obviously rather use 8 to trade up, but I’ve come to terms with Kuminga/Moody or Kuminga/Bouknight. Whether our front office likes either is still up in the air I guess. 

There will be shooters at pick # 8.....FO has to make sure to grab one of them.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

There will be shooters at pick # 8.....FO has to make sure to grab one of them.

That's seriously all I want, a guy who can score. One, tangible, basketball talent.

1 hour ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

That's seriously all I want, a guy who can score. One, tangible, basketball talent.

Yeah, we've been drafting guys for too long that we HOPE we can teach how to shoot. Let's bring in a couple guys that can ALREADY shoot!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Yeah, we've been drafting guys for too long that we HOPE we can teach how to shoot. Let's bring in a couple guys that can ALREADY shoot!

No argument at all from me.  +1

I don't think there's any chance this front office would draft him but I'm very interested in Sharife Cooper. He's a top 5 passer in the draft (maybe even top 1) and he gets to the rim whenever he wants. Swing skill is the jumper obviously but unlike some guys the jumper is probably essential for his NBA outlook because the bar for keeping small guards on the court is so high. 

If you believe that you can improve the jumper though I think there's an argument to be made for him being a lottery guy because the rate at which he generates offense is insane.

If we hire Penny and keep 33 (two big ifs) I expect we'll take a long look at Quentin Grimes with 33. Long, tough wing who really plays hard and tries on defense and on the glass. Shot it really well this past year from 3 also. And he's been working with Penny preparing for the draft.

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

If we hire Penny and keep 33 (two big ifs) I expect we'll take a long look at Quentin Grimes with 33. Long, tough wing who really plays hard and tries on defense and on the glass. Shot it really well this past year from 3 also. And he's been working with Penny preparing for the draft.

That would be nice

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I know Mike Miller resigned from Memphis to spend more time with family, and took the job coaching his son's high school team; but I wonder if he would come on-board as the shooting coach if Penny gets the HC job. I mean, if we're going to go with former players, then you have to go with Miller or 3D-Dennis Scott for your shooting coach! 

12 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I know Mike Miller resigned from Memphis to spend more time with family, and took the job coaching his son's high school team; but I wonder if he would come on-board as the shooting coach if Penny gets the HC job. I mean, if we're going to go with former players, then you have to go with Miller or 3D-Dennis Scott for your shooting coach! 

Miller's oldest son is about to head to Creighton but I highly doubt he'd leave before his other son graduated High School. His second son will be a junior next year.

Tweets like this are incredibly misleading FYI

Hollingers actual article says something to the effect of 'a team like Orlando might like to try moving up with 5 and 8 but my sources say neither Houston or Cleveland are interested'