CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

My thought on Scottie is that I would’ve been absolutely thrilled for him to fall to us at the Bulls pick, but I’d be afraid of him with our pick. We need to draft a scorer.

I’ve also been watching a lot of Cade tape lately. This might just be the disappointment of our situation talking and a coping mechanism, but I’m not in love with his ceiling. He’s kinda slow

33 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

My thought on Scottie is that I would’ve been absolutely thrilled for him to fall to us at the Bulls pick, but I’d be afraid of him with our pick. We need to draft a scorer.

I’ve also been watching a lot of Cade tape lately. This might just be the disappointment of our situation talking and a coping mechanism, but I’m not in love with his ceiling. He’s kinda slow

have you see Luka run?

I'm a little late, but with Philly getting bounced out in the 2nd round again, and us getting the 5th overall pick, once again we see that tanking is a failed philosophy that should never be intentionally utilized. Tanking doesn't work.

• Upvote 1

Moses Moody might be the most uncreative offensive player I have ever seen in my life.  He is basically a spot up shooter.  No surprise many Magic fans love him.  Keon or Bouknight at 8 please!

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

I'm a little late, but with Philly getting bounced out in the 2nd round again, and us getting the 5th overall pick, once again we see that tanking is a failed philosophy that should never be intentionally utilized. Tanking doesn't work.

It worked out pretty well for Detroit.  You say it doesn't work but what is the alternative?  

52 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

It worked out pretty well for Detroit.  You say it doesn't work but what is the alternative?  

Selling high on All Eyes On Me

If you think drafting Corey Kispert at 8 is reasonable. Consider drafting Joe Weiskamp at 33 instead. As good a shooter, less draft capital.

7 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

If you think drafting Corey Kispert at 8 is reasonable. Consider drafting Joe Weiskamp at 33 instead. As good a shooter, less draft capital.

Who thinks Corey Kispert at 8 is reasonable?  Lol.  For a change WeltHam should acquire an extra 2nd or two and take advantage of this deep draft.  

2 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

Who thinks Corey Kispert at 8 is reasonable?  Lol.  For a change WeltHam should acquire an extra 2nd or two and take advantage of this deep draft.  

People have suggested Kispert with the Bulls pick previously.

7 hours ago, Natesroom said:

I afraid Scottie looks like an Aaron Gordon player his college film is very similar. Scottie does look like a more fluid ball handler though, so i think if we add an Aaron Gordon to our core that doesnt think he's Kobe, it might make everyone better.

I can admit we probably didn't develop Gordon.

However at this level it's mental. Gordon didn't have it. No confidence in his shot...which looks fine by the way. Also no inside game,post moves...that's on him. Body too skinny, no elite first step to blow by defenders to the rim 

Does Kuminga have that step?