CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, Live or Die Magic said:

I mean, I wouldn't say it's permanent just yet. We never went away exactly, just moved the discussion to a different format. And still been feeling the pain of Magic fandom during the interim.

Still, it is nice to see familiar faces.

Well welcome back. The boards are way tamer these days. Maybe it’s because our team has been lovable losers for a while now.

LOD and Marc Acres 3:16… amazing! Probably don’t even know how to see a post without me quoting them lol… but I was Fear Jameer way back when in our last contending days when you guys were frequent flyers, then that account was destroyed by the forum changeover and All Eyes On Me was born. Good to see some old friendly faces around here. I’m excited to see what we do. If we just draft 5 and 8 and just draft the expected, color me disappointed. The blow it up at the deadline has led me to hope that there’s more moves in store. For one, there’s no way Gary Harris AND Terrence Ross are both here on opening day. Maybe one, but not both 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mike1989 said:

The kid is inefficient from outside, inside and from the line. He's got a lot of work to do on his shooting and his shot selection otherwise he will remain inefficient. Fair enough he could probably average 15-20 points a night in a high volume role, but that is no use to a winning team. That's without considering he has a lot of work to do on the defensive end as well, mostly down to his effort, but also some down to technique. 

Obviously there's a lot of upside in Kuminga if he puts everything together, but there's also the risk of a low floor if he doesn't. 

He shot 46% on his twos and his field goal percentage was 39% because of his 3’s. So fixing his shot to where his 3 is respectable will make the game more easier for him. And he doesn’t have a lot to work on defensively, I’m starting to question if you’ve even looked up his scouting videos. He definitely needs to be more discipline on defense, but he doesn’t need “a lot” of work on that end.

people say his floor is Jeff green so I mean I guess

10 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Keon Johnson with a 48” vertical - that’s the kind of athletic measurement that makes Weltman  take a guy in the top 4

Fixed

What’s his wing span tho?

• Upvote 1

Trying to talk myself into the guy: what negatives can we say about Kuminga that we couldn't have also said about Anthony Edwards? What positives can we say about Edwards that we couldn't also say about Kuminga?

Not saying they're the same player. But athletically they're both equally freakish. Edwards' knocks in college were bad shot selection, poor 3pt shooting on too high a volume, and lack of interest on defense. His strengths were freakish athleticism and strength for his position, plus fearlessness going for buckets. Kuminga is as good an athlete, and while he isn't as heavy he seems to be equally strong; I haven't seen enough of him to judge his aggressiveness as a scorer fairly, but he took the most shots of anyone on that GLeague team, including Green.

Again, not equating the two exactly, just wanting to see what kind of responses the comparison gets.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Well welcome back. The boards are way tamer these days. Maybe it’s because our team has been lovable losers for a while now.

plenty of spit and vitriol on our teams FB Fan pages... boy they're a cesspit

2 hours ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Trying to talk myself into the guy: what negatives can we say about Kuminga that we couldn't have also said about Anthony Edwards? What positives can we say about Edwards that we couldn't also say about Kuminga?

Not saying they're the same player. But athletically they're both equally freakish. Edwards' knocks in college were bad shot selection, poor 3pt shooting on too high a volume, and lack of interest on defense. His strengths were freakish athleticism and strength for his position, plus fearlessness going for buckets. Kuminga is as good an athlete, and while he isn't as heavy he seems to be equally strong; I haven't seen enough of him to judge his aggressiveness as a scorer fairly, but he took the most shots of anyone on that GLeague team, including Green.

Again, not equating the two exactly, just wanting to see what kind of responses the comparison gets.

Ant was a more explosive athlete with a better jumper. 

4 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Keon Johnson with a 48” vertical - that’s the kind of athletic measurement that makes people take a guy in the top 4

Im scared of Keon personally because of his lack of perimeter skills but he is a crazy athlete.