CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

26 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

No need to panic just yet. There's a good chance Kuminga and Mobley go in the top 4

Mobley definitely will. Kuminga we'll see but I hope so.

6 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I'm hoping someone in the top 4 falls in love with Scottie Barnes

Not impossible I'm sure I've heard one of the draft guys saying some teams have him top 4.

3 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I'm hoping someone in the top 4 falls in love with Scottie Barnes

I think he might be our pick at 5, if available. He fits the profile of the players Weltham tend to target. We landed in the worst spot once again.

I wouldn't mind Bouknight at 8, though. He has Zach LaVine upsides and a Jordan Clarkson floor.

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

If we wanted to consider a trade with Cleveland, here's an idea (including swapping 3 and 5):

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjvjf5nc

I'd do that. Not sure if Cleveland would. 

Another thought I had was if Cleveland take Green or Suggs I wonder if they'd move Sexton and then would they/we be interested in Sexton for #8? 

I actually don't think I'd do it but thought it was worth bringing up. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

I really needed to see that hahaha. Now for the love of god, please someone take Kuminga or Barnes top 4

A few thoughts:

1. One of the top 4 could fall as the draft combine moves forward. Additionally, if someone likes Scottie Barnes or JK, you can be sure that they'll call us to ask if we'd like to trade up. That might tip their hand if they can't find a suitor they reach for a player instead. It will be up to management to call their bluff or give up something for that #3 or #4 pick. 

2. The #5 pick has brought a lot of fantastic players into the league: Dwayne Wade, Vince Carter, Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Kevin Love, DeMarcus Cousins to name a few...

3.  The Cleveland Cavalier selected Anthony Bennett with the #1 pick. This is that same team, y'all.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TreyMachine said:

3.  The Cleveland Cavalier selected Anthony Bennett with the #1 pick. This is that same team, y'all.

Different front office. 

4 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I'm not sure how much his irritation was a reflection on their impression of Kuminga, and how much was just the frustration of once again moving down in the lottery instead of moving up. We have had pretty crappy draft lottery luck over the last 10 years. 

We had really good luck the previous 10 years. Balances out.  Trying to build a team by being bad to get great draft picks is a crapshoot at the very best.