CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

18 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Exactly. Everyone is so pessimistic. It isnt ideal but we are in a strong position. 

It’s the exact same situation we’ve been in. It would be different if we didn’t have a clear cut number one or a draft like when Kobe came out but this draft is unlike those. You needed to be in the top 3 really, top 4 would’ve still been solid but anything outside that, is just what we’ve always gotten and none of those guys are game changers. They’re solid role players. Same **** different toilet my man.

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

To say we have zero stars is not true or false yet. I get your upset. But we have players who could well very develop into stars. My opinion anyway. 

Name one guy on this team that’s going to do for this team that Luka has done for Dallas.Trae for Atlanta. Steph for GS. No one and Kuminga isn’t it either. 

I’m hearing rumors from a few insiders already that both Scottie Barnes and Jonathan Kuminga are working their way up draft boards. Both could wind up top 4. Suggs’ stock apparently is slightly down. Combine will be interesting. 5 and 8 isn’t the best option at all, but at least we have flexibility.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

As a little ray of hope: of the best players on the teams currently in the conference finals, one was drafted top ten, and none were top 3. Kawhi and Paul George were both later picks. Devin Booker was outside the top ten and even Paul way back when was just 4th. Trae Young was 5th and John Collins was 19th. Giannis was mid-first round and Middleton was second round. The only top 3 pick having any real impact on these teams is Ayton, the third or even fourth best player on that team.

Totally different drafts man. 

It is what it is. It’s often about who drafts best and develops best anyways, not who has the best pick.

Star players in this conference finals were drafted at the following:

Middleton: 39th
Jrue: 17th
Kawhi: 15th
Giannis: 15th
Booker: 13th
George: 10th
Trae: 5th
CP3: 4th

23 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Ok nostradamus. You got the next lottery results by any chance. We can agree to disagree here. How you can say he is not going to be something already is funny. We will see

I can’t tell you the lottery results because it is a lottery but I can tell you for sure again that Chuma won’t be an all star in this league…hopefully he gets a healthy career and becomes a good role player for us.

This sucks. 

5 of all places was the one I didn't want to be because this is a 4 guy draft at the top in my opinion and our FO is too obsessed with measurables to pass on Kuminga. I guess now I can only hope someone above us takes that bullet first. Or that I'm very wrong about him.

If we come out of this draft with Kuminga and Mitchell as ive seen suggested Id consider that pretty much a worst case scenario. 

Honestly hoping that some of the teams above us do dumb stuff or that we can trade up. 

I don't even know who I'd take at 5. The guy I have at 5 is Giddey but we could probably get him at 8.  We might even be able to trade back from 8 for him. 

Just... 

We still have a lot to work with. Keeping the Bulls pick is very big. But man do I wish we didn't keep the Bulls pick but got a top 3 pick. 

Marc acres and magicman return!  Now where’s  jareth?  Well at least we didn’t just get the fifth pick and not get Chicago’s. I still like Ayo with the eighth. Get giddey with five and I’m happy. And then Kofi in the second round. 

Whoever we get better be able to shoot and not some bs “he can develop his shot”