CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

Just now, South_Aussie_Magic said:

They'd probably want us to take Kevin Love though

Why would we not do that though? Who cares about Love's contract on a rebuilding team?

Oladipo

Gordon

Hezonja

Isaac

Bamba

Tonight’s result 

What do they all have in common? We did not improve our pre-lottery position once for any of them. These are all the lottery picks we kept for the past decade. We fell for each of them, and in one case stayed the same. 

Kinda gross man. 

3 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

They'd probably want us to take Kevin Love though

I was also thinking they would have us take a cap it but that might not be a bad thing since we would prolly be bad for a couple of more years . 

8 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

I feel your pain, I was really looking forward to Green in Magic Pinstripes! I  was thinking. , we have a great relationship with Toronto, maybe they could be better served with the 5 & 8 picks? However, I am not sold on Kuminga or Mitchell, but I do Like Barnes at 5.

We missed on Green, with you. We have cap next year, got to charge hard and bring in Zack Levine. I'd say, there is chance he joins the Magic. What say you?

2 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Why would we not do that though? Who cares about Love's contract on a rebuilding team?

Just saying, sometimes the price of something good is taking something back the other team doesn't know what to do with

1 minute ago, Albert Lergier said:

We missed on Green, with you. We have cap next year, got to charge hard and bring on Zack Levine. I'd say, there is chance he joins the Magic. What say you?

Not sure at this point in his career, he would want to anchor a young rebuilding team. Nice thought, and worth looking at

Looking quickly at what's probably going to be there, I think I'd go Mitchell with 5 and then swing for the fences with Giddey. Just a battle royal at the PG spot, see who survives. And I suppose Giddey could probably play with any of those guys except maybe Fultz. I just don't like this draft as much as some people seem to. I liked Cade and Green and that's about it.

13 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Jeff is right....we have 2 top 8.....unfortunately one of the is not a top 3 but Josh Giddey (Cade's similar except for his shot) will be there for us at 5 or 8.