CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

6 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

You do realize the bottom three teams had the exact same chances of that pick, right? That win was meaningless either way. A loss would have been just as meaningless.

6 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

We had exactly the same chance as Detroit to get the #1 pick.  Can’t blame the anti-tank crowd for that.  This team lost a huge number of games to end the season, which I as an anti-tanker believe will carry forward to next season.  

I’m just saying what the tank crowd is gonna say. Like it or not, it’s the truth. 3rd worst got 5th pick, 2nd worst got 1st. I understand the odds spread, but I also understand that the lower you finish the less you can fall. And that this result doesn’t make me support or not support tanking, it’s a reminder that the whole damn thing is random as long as you make sure to finish in the bottom 6-7.

Just now, ORLANDOmagic407 said:

Hhhmm package 1 or 2 guys and a pick 

They’re looking for vets to help win now. Question comes down to is Ross/Bamba and 5 enough to get 3?

16 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m gonna be real, I’d rather have Kuminga over Suggs or Mobley. Mainly because I believe in WCJ, Markelle and Cole. It hurts like hell to miss out on Jalen Green and Cade Cunningham, but I’d be just as upset about 3rd as I would be about 5th. My fear now is someone takes Kuminga and we’re stuck with Mobley at 5

I feel your pain, I was really looking forward to Green in Magic Pinstripes! I  was thinking. , we have a great relationship with Toronto, maybe they could be better served with the 5 & 8 picks? However, I am not sold on Kuminga or Mitchell, but I do Like Barnes at 5.

I actually do like Mitchell, but he creates a potential massive logjam at PG, which I guess isn't really that big of a problem. Just not what you want with 5. If he's there at 8 it's a no-brainer to me.

1 minute ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I actually do like Mitchell, but he creates a potential massive logjam at PG, which I guess isn't really that big of a problem. Just not what you want with 5. If he's there at 8 it's a no-brainer to me.

We could always move one young guy won't be able to resign them .

Just now, ORLANDOmagic407 said:

We could always move one young guy won't be able to resign them .

Yeah, I mean, looking at who's likely to be available, I'd take Mitchell at 5. I wouldn't like it, because I might be able to get him at 8. But I don't like anyone else likely to be available.