CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Y’all know we can trade up, right? Not ideal but with #5 and #8, very likely someone spies someone they really like at #5-#8 and figures they get a better deal by trading #3 for #5 and #8. You can bet we’ll deal if we love someone there. 

After missing out on Trae & Doncic our management should jump at such an opportunity

• Upvote 1

The worst part here is the 4 teams above could all easily scrap what they have and go all in for what they think is a number 1 option because nothing any of them have is 1st option material

I think it was the same reason i cussed at the screen thinking we got pushed back to 8, I dont remember them already putting the logos on traded picks

2 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

After missing out on Trae & Doncic our management should jump at such an opportunity

The only way we move up is if we package our 2022 pick (or Chicago’s 2022) to move up. If WeltHam believe in a player that much at the top, sign me up.

• Upvote 1

Just to be the voice of reason here for a second, all the top of the draft and the boards and strictly insider speculation right now. Let’s see how the combine goes. Also, there are always random picks early from teams. And, even if we end up with Kuminga at 5, forward is more of a position of need for us and it allows Kelle/Cole/RJ to keep growing together.

Bloody hell the Melts on here and Twitter. It’s a top 5 draft with Kuminga arguably having the highest upside. We’re adding 5 and 8, both got chance of being studs. I would have been devo if we picked 6 but top five has been the aim all year. Go back and watch Kumingas first couple of G league games guys.

3 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Just to be the voice of reason here for a second, all the top of the draft and the boards and strictly insider speculation right now. Let’s see how the combine goes. Also, there are always random picks early from teams. And, even if we end up with Kuminga at 5, forward is more of a position of need for us and it allows Kelle/Cole/RJ to keep growing together.

Are we not sold on Okeke / JI all of the sudden? If anything, I’m more sure of the future of our forwards than of our guards. 

1 minute ago, harley said:

Bloody hell the Melts on here and Twitter. It’s a top 5 draft with Kuminga arguably having the highest upside. We’re adding 5 and 8, both got chance of being studs. I would have been devo if we picked 6 but top five has been the aim all year. Go back and watch Kumingas first couple of G league games guys.

And if Kumingas goes ahead, we get one of the Jalens. It’s really not a bad position to be in. 

1 minute ago, TreyMachine said:

Are we not sold on Okeke / JI all of the sudden? If anything, I’m more sure of the future of our forwards than of our guards. 

I agree

we just need to be healthy and have good coaching. 

I’m including the vets in this too… our vets are all guards.. and frankly, JI needs to play more than half a season on average before I get over excited about him

• Upvote 1