CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

6 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

If WeltHam think those cats are future stars, I’m all for it. Mitchell’s stats jumped this year, so it’ll depend on what our management projects with him.

He's also a winner and a elite defender.  But yes, his shot is much improved and I see no reason why it can get even better

Kevin O Connor has Davion Mitchell at 6 and Springer at 23 in his latest mock... Feel like I'm losing my mind because under no circumstance would I personally draft Mitchell before Springer. 

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Kevin O Connor has Davion Mitchell at 6 and Springer at 23 in his latest mock... Feel like I'm losing my mind because under no circumstance would I personally draft Mitchell before Springer. 

As you know, I love the Mitchell of this year. The problem is nobody knows whether we’ll get the Mitchell of this year.

4 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

As you know, I love the Mitchell of this year. The problem is nobody knows whether we’ll get the Mitchell of this year.

Don't get me wrong I understand why people like Mitchell based on the eye test this season. I'm just incredibly wary of guys who have by far their best years at age 22 because I feel like it's more likely to be because of physical and maturity advantages over their peers which won't be there at the next level. And I'm wary of guys who's jump shots suddenly dramatically improve for one year compared to previous seasons (especially when those guys are consistently below average FT shooters). And I also have questions about him positionally because I'm not sure if I believe he can be a guy you run your offense through so is he more of an undersized 2? 

11 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I guessing you referencing the NBA Mitchell. If so, i agree. We need to the rare prospect who comes out and is a 20 point scorer as a rookie. 

Lol I love Mock draft guys. Here's what Wasserman has to say about Scottie Barnes:

"Worst landing spot: Orlando Magic 

Barnes has trouble creating his own shot and shooting. A poor offensive team as it is, the Magic would really struggle to score with three of Barnes, Jonathan Isaac, Chuma Okeke, Mohamed Bamba or Wendell Carter Jr. on the floor at the same time.

The Magic already have multiple, versatile bigs, and though it can't hurt to have more, Barnes wouldn't see starter minutes or the right supporting cast for his offensive limitations."

(Side note if someone could teach me how to quote stuff like this id appreciate it haha)

And to be fair I agree with that. I'm not high on Scottie for us for those reasons also.

But heres what he says about Jalen Johnson:

"Worst landing spot: Oklahoma City Thunder

Oklahoma City finished with the NBA's worst offense, and Johnson struggles to create his own shot and shoot. There wouldn't be enough talent or playmakers to play off with the Thunder. He'd be forced to create on his own, and his skill set and decision-making aren't up to the task."

Same problems as Barnes right. Struggles to create his own shot and shooting. But in his last 2 mock drafts he has us taking Jalen Johnson with the Bulls pick. So...why? 

Here's the piece these quotes are from: https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2944021-best-and-worst-landing-spots-for-every-projected-2021-nba-lottery-pick.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Lol I love Mock draft guys. Here's what Wasserman has to say about Scottie Barnes:

"Worst landing spot: Orlando Magic 

Barnes has trouble creating his own shot and shooting. A poor offensive team as it is, the Magic would really struggle to score with three of Barnes, Jonathan Isaac, Chuma Okeke, Mohamed Bamba or Wendell Carter Jr. on the floor at the same time.

The Magic already have multiple, versatile bigs, and though it can't hurt to have more, Barnes wouldn't see starter minutes or the right supporting cast for his offensive limitations."

(Side note if someone could teach me how to quote stuff like this id appreciate it haha)

And to be fair I agree with that. I'm not high on Scottie for us for those reasons also.

But heres what he says about Jalen Johnson:

"Worst landing spot: Oklahoma City Thunder

Oklahoma City finished with the NBA's worst offense, and Johnson struggles to create his own shot and shoot. There wouldn't be enough talent or playmakers to play off with the Thunder. He'd be forced to create on his own, and his skill set and decision-making aren't up to the task."

Same problems as Barnes right. Struggles to create his own shot and shooting. But in his last 2 mock drafts he has us taking Jalen Johnson with the Bulls pick. So...why? 

Here's the piece these quotes are from: https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2944021-best-and-worst-landing-spots-for-every-projected-2021-nba-lottery-pick.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Does seem like he's saying the same things about Barnes and Jalen Johnson have trouble with shot-creation and shooting; so it doesn't make sense that he has mocked us taking Johnson, not once but twice. 

I think best case for Davion Mitchell is the guard version of what Draymond Green wound up being when he was drafted. Main difference is Dray fell to the 2nd round and Davion will probably go in the lottery

Probably undrafted guy I quite like: Jalen Crutcher. 6'3 scoring point guard but he's pretty thin for a senior. Great shooter. Decent finisher for his size and frame. Can generate his own offense (was assisted on only 27% of his shots this season). Played in quite an advanced offensive system at Dayton. 

He could make it as a scoring bench guy and shooter. 

JT Thor is getting a tonne of buzz right now. I said some time ago he's one of the guys I'd love at 33 but honestly he might finish up being a guy in the Bulls pick range.