CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

9 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

True. Regardless I don’t see us going forward with this young of a roster, but I’ve been wrong before. We need more vet presence and I can see us moving some of the youth to address it, maybe Mo?  But assuming we don’t and we stay put we’d have a youth roster of:

Fultz/Cole/RJ/Isaac/Chuma/Mo/WCJ/our pick/Bulls pick/2nd round pick 

with vets:

Ross/Harris/MCW/Maybe Bacon

which would leave us room for one or 2 more vets/2 way players to fill out the roster. Man, it’s gonna be an interesting offseason.

We could always stash our 2nd rounder. 

If not I'd much rather keep our 2nd than keep Bacon. 

• Upvote 1

I agree too.

Also, the 33 pick or so, could be signed to an exhibit-10 or two way or that kind of contracts, and initially play him in G-League if they consider that there's too much youth on the roster. If you've a good prospect on the radar with that second round pick, you don't trade the choice only because you already have too much prospects.

And on the youth discussion: could be true that you need some veterans to show the way, but the right kind of veterans. Our recent veterans hasn't really lead the young group to the next level. And like Memphis, you can have a lot of young guys and still win... maybe the key is having the right characters: hard worker guys, unselfish, wanting to improve every day together with the team.

Depending where we land, I could see them combining some of the picks into a trade to move up if that option becomes available.  

15 hours ago, flgatorsandmagic said:

Jalen green and Davion Mitchell with our 2 1sts.  We would have our backcourt for the next decade.  If Fultz can stay healthy then even better.  

Josh Giddey if we can't have Cade.....and we're getting Cade. Google him and check his game...he is like Cade. He can play with everybody and everybody can play with him.

56 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Josh Giddey if we can't have Cade.....and we're getting Cade. Google him and check his game...he is like Cade. He can play with everybody and everybody can play with him.

I'm as high on Giddey as anybody but Giddey being "like Cade" is a stretch. They're both 6'7+ guards with great vision and passing. That's about where the similarities end. 

30 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm as high on Giddey as anybody but Giddey being "like Cade" is a stretch. They're both 6'7+ guards with great vision and passing. That's about where the similarities end. 

If we get Evan Mobley (miss on Cade) with our highest pick.....would you take Josh with our other 1st round pick?

1 hour ago, Albert Lergier said:

If we get Evan Mobley (miss on Cade) with our highest pick.....would you take Josh with our other 1st round pick?

Oh yea 100%. Mobley or Green with our pick I'd want Giddey with the Bulls pick. I have Giddey at 5 on my board. 

20 hours ago, flgatorsandmagic said:

Jalen green and Davion Mitchell with our 2 1sts.  We would have our backcourt for the next decade.  If Fultz can stay healthy then even better.  

If WeltHam think those cats are future stars, I’m all for it. Mitchell’s stats jumped this year, so it’ll depend on what our management projects with him.

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Oh yea 100%. Mobley or Green with our pick I'd want Giddey with the Bulls pick. I have Giddey at 5 on my board. 

Our fast brake and half court attack could be superb for years to come...we will know for sure after the draft.