CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

3 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Mobley- you guys want to draft another 7 foot toothpick. Smdh. Insanity is defined by what again?  

I don’t think I’ve read a single comment on here where he is anyone’s first choice. The best I recall seeing was a few people saying they wouldn’t be upset with him at 3 or 4, assuming we couldn’t get Cade or Green.

• Upvote 1

Yeah that's the problem with Mobley. The skillset is enticing, but almost all the NBA players with a body like his are hurt all the time. 

G I D D E Y

That's all... Just felt like a while since I'd mentioned him and I've got a reputation to uphold. Also I watched the Mike Schmitz film session with him on YouTube and I'm hyped again. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

A couple of mocks have us taking 2 PGs in the 1st round. Would we really do that with Fultz & Anthony already on the team?

Doubt it. Who are you seeing? 

2 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

A couple of mocks have us taking 2 PGs in the 1st round. Would we really do that with Fultz & Anthony already on the team?

I don't think any consideration is given in terms of fit in most of these mock drafts

10 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Suggs at 3 & Mitchell with the Bulls pick

Yea that would be bad. We wouldn't do that I don't think. 

I personally wouldn't pick Suggs over any of Cade, Green or Mobley and I wouldn't take Mitchell in the lottery (definitely not for us at least).

One thing that playoff basketball always highlights to me is the speed that guys process the game is so important. If you don't make a quick move when the ball swings to you against a playoff defense the whole possession grinds to a halt. Likewise on defense if you don't make those rotations at the right time these playoff teams make the extra pass and get open shots time and time again. 

Ability to process the game is quite a hard thing to evaluate (because it might not be passing it might be help defense or cutting or relocating on the perimeter etc) but it's one of the reasons why I'm so high on Giddey. Listen to him talk in one of those film sessions on YouTube and he says stuff like " as my big comes up to set the screen I can see the low man looking my way and I know my guy in the corner is going to be wide open" that kind of instantaneous recognition is just so valuable especially when it comes to playoff games and crunch time when every possession matters. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/20/2021 at 1:25 AM, CTMagicUK said:

G I D D E Y

That's all... Just felt like a while since I'd mentioned him and I've got a reputation to uphold. Also I watched the Mike Schmitz film session with him on YouTube and I'm hyped again. 

He was good to watch in the NBL but not sure if he would have the immediate impact like Lamelo had this year. He can definitely create though which wont hurt. 

4 hours ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

He was good to watch in the NBL but not sure if he would have the immediate impact like Lamelo had this year. He can definitely create though which wont hurt. 

I don't really care if he'd have an immediate impact. And he almost certainly wouldn't have an impact as big as Lamelo. But he's only 18, he's 6'8 and he passes and reads the floor like few prospects I've ever seen.