CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Based on your consistent negative thinking you should probably avoid anything in life that requires a little luck :D

No.  I do avoid counting on hitting the Florida lottery for my retirement, though.  Plan realistically and then if you get some luck, that’s icing on the cake.  Getting a transformative player in the draft after you’ve made your team terrible is at best a very long shot, and not something I would want to incorporate into my expectations.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

No.  I do avoid counting on hitting the Florida lottery for my retirement, though.  Plan realistically and then if you get some luck, that’s icing on the cake.  Getting a transformative player in the draft after you’ve made your team terrible is at best a very long shot, and not something I would want to incorporate into my expectations.  

The rest of us are thinking/hoping we are getting TWO good ones to build around! 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Hope we get what you’re looking for because I sure don’t expect it to happen.  Preparing myself for a 20-30 win year next season and early calls for tanking.  Once the tanking disease starts, it’s very hard to get over it.  

If healthy and with a top 4 pick we’re fighting for a playoff spot next season 

26 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Injuries made the team terrible, and it was time to move on from Vuc, Ag, Fournier. There was no master plan coming in to tank the season as you continue to try and frame it 

3 minutes ago, gobucsmagic said:

If healthy and with a top 3 pick we’re a .500 team next season 

I'm as optimistic as anyone but I think a bunch of stuff will have to go in our favour for me to believe we're a .500 team next season. 

Just now, CTMagicUK said:

I'm as optimistic as anyone but I think a bunch of stuff will have to go in our favour for me to believe we're a .500 team next season. 

Ha. After re-thinking I edited that post to say we’re fighting for a playoff spot, which in the East these days doesn’t even require a .500 record 

1 hour ago, gobucsmagic said:

Injuries made the team terrible, and it was time to move on from Vuc, Ag, Fournier. There was no master plan coming in to tank the season as you continue to try and frame it 

You are exactly right! We had devastating injuries and it was definitely time to move on from the guys that couldn't get us past 1 win in the1st round and put a more competitive team together. Adding in 2 top 10 picks in a strong draft will put us in a great position to field a young, high energy team that has a future. If we can have 7 guys that consistently have the same fight as Cole and RJ have we are gonna be a dangerous team!

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

Are we expecting to drop Ross? I'm not opposed but we need SOME sort of veteran presence on this team. haha 

I forgot about ross, lol

Wasserman new mock has us getting Mobley and Jalen Johnson. I really do not want that. 

Mobley I'm more than fine with (we picked #3 and Green went #2) but Jalen Johnson at #8 is a bad pick in my opinion. 

17 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Wasserman new mock has us getting Mobley and Jalen Johnson. I really do not want that. 

Mobley I'm more than fine with (we picked #3 and Green went #2) but Jalen Johnson at #8 is a bad pick in my opinion. 

Hah it's the other Johnson I would be annoyed with for #8 but I'm not massively high on any of them in the Bulls range, FO is going to be very busy with workouts for that Bulls pick.

What do y’all think it would take for us (hypothetically) to trade the Bulls pick? I’m not so much suggesting that we do, but if we keep it we’re gonna have 5 rookie or sophomore players on an already very young team.