CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

Kuminga is #5 on my wish list but to me he is part of the big 5 in this draft.  One thing he has going for him is he is almost a year younger then the other top 4 prospects.  

18 hours ago, Justin Jaudon said:

If it's over. Some people seem to be advocating intentionally being terrible again next year if we don't get a top pick

18 hours ago, gobucsmagic said:

Haven’t heard that. That’s moronic 

We agree on that.  Good to find areas of agreement. 

Well we’ve tanked hard to end the season with the roster WeltHam threw out there. I’m very curious to see if the balls fall our way.

1 minute ago, Natesroom said:

If we drafted cade, how does that work with our current lineup and positioning?

I think he’d come off the bench to begin with and eventually start in the backcourt next to Markelle. I also think it’s just way too early to make any sort of call, I’ve got a pretty strong feeling we make a trade or two this summer. We’ve got a ton of tradeable assets to make a move if a big name becomes available

44 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

If we drafted cade, how does that work with our current lineup and positioning?

I actually think Cade would win a starting backcourt job. It reminds of the Luka and Smith/Brunson situation. If my memory is correct, it didn’t take long for Dallas to put the ball in Luka’s hands. What makes this situation with Cade more predictable is I don’t think Markelle will be healthy to start the year. That’s how I’d see things playing out.

44 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think he’d come off the bench to begin with and eventually start in the backcourt next to Markelle. I also think it’s just way too early to make any sort of call, I’ve got a pretty strong feeling we make a trade or two this summer. We’ve got a ton of tradeable assets to make a move if a big name becomes available

I’m not sure we’d make a trade for a big name as much as we’d move guys like Ross and Bamba.

Cade can easily play the 2 or the 3. By the nature of being a 6'7 guy who plays like a PG and also makes shots from all over the court at a high level he fits with virtually any other individual backcourt piece.

18 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Cade can easily play the 2 or the 3. By the nature of being a 6'7 guy who plays like a PG and also makes shots from all over the court at a high level he fits with virtually any other individual backcourt piece.

So you're thinking 1 and 2 - Fultz and Cade, chuma, Isaac, carter?

Backup Cole, RJ, #8 from chicago, Wagner or whoever, Bamba

9 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

Are we expecting to drop Ross? I'm not opposed but we need SOME sort of veteran presence on this team. haha 

16 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

I'm not really thinking anything concrete. But I think Cade affords you a lot of lineup flexibility. You could run Fultz/Cade or Fultz/Cole/Cade or Cade/RJ or Cade/Ross or Fultz/Ross/Cade or any number of lineups in between.

5 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Hope we get what you’re looking for because I sure don’t expect it to happen.  Preparing myself for a 20-30 win year next season and early calls for tanking.  Once the tanking disease starts, it’s very hard to get over it.  

Based on your consistent negative thinking you should probably avoid anything in life that requires a little luck :D